MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Save permissions redirect issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Evening all

I have created my forum by importing settings and forums from phpbb etc using the merge function.

When i change board permissions and click on Save Permissions i am then redirected to a blank page.

How can i fix this?

Board URL: www.excelmasters.co.uk

Thanks
Dave
What is the URL for the blank page? That may be because a function that existed in phpbb has not merged properly, and the php file cannot be executed correctly, I recommend you go to Admin CP > Tools and Maintenance > File Verification and make sure that the proper files have been uploaded. If you'd like to PM me we can arrange a time to figure this out together via teamviewer or skype.
basically, cause of a blank page [error 500] should be traced through latest entries of server error log
(if it exists at web host control panel)
(2017-05-28, 11:07 PM)R34P3R Wrote: [ -> ]What is the URL for the blank page? That may be because a function that existed in phpbb has not merged properly, and the php file cannot be executed correctly, I recommend you go to Admin CP > Tools and Maintenance > File Verification and make sure that the proper files have been uploaded. If you'd like to PM me we can arrange a time to figure this out together via teamviewer or skype.

Hi R34p3R

The blank page exists at the below location ..

https://excelmasters.co.uk/acp/index.php...id=0&fid=0

It just shows me a page that is blank with the exception of speech marks " in the top left of the page.

I have gone through all the verification and rebuild and reloading of the cache and still appears.

What ive noticed is that this only happens if i make a change to the permissions ... If i visit the page and just scroll down and click on save without changing anything then im redirected as i should be back to the Forum Management page.

(2017-05-29, 01:42 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]basically, cause of a blank page [error 500] should be traced through latest entries of server error log
(if it exists at web host control panel)

Hi .M. 

Ive checked my error log in cpanel and its all clear .. No logs have been recorded at all.

As mentioned above to R34P3R the page wasnt completely blank as it contained a single set of quotation marks.

Ive uploaded a screenshot.

Cheers
Dave
contact your web host & ask if mod_security or suhosin is active for your forum.
if so, provide them information about the error & ask to disable such security / add white list rules ..
(2017-05-29, 07:53 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]contact your web host & ask if mod_security or suhosin is active for your forum.
if so, provide them information about the error & ask to disable such security / add white list rules ..

Mod_Security i have managed to disable myself as for Suhosin ive never seen that option anywhere within cPanel even via the php options.

Il ask my webhost to see if they can disable / add white list rules and see what they say.

If im lucky they might respond today (Use to get replies within the hour but now its just awful and takes nearly all day)

Cheers
Dave
when have you disabled mod_security ? is it just now or much earlier ?
if you have disabled it just now then wait for about an hour & check forum management again
(2017-05-29, 08:16 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]when have you disabled mod_security ? is it just now or much earlier ?
if you have disabled it just now then wait for about an hour & check forum management again

I disabled it shortly before responding to say i had done it.

Will give it an hour or so then try again to see if that resolves the issue.

Cheers 
Dave