MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme not updating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I make a change to my theme for my website, it doesn't update for a really long time. It usually takes more than an hour for it to update. How can I make it update faster? Thanks!
Press CTRL + F5 after making the changes.
(2017-05-29, 08:39 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Press CTRL + F5 after making the changes.

It still has not updated.
You need to be more specific and post your URL.
(2017-05-29, 09:04 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]You need to be more specific and post your URL.

Sorry, my website link is skyisles.com. An example of something not updating is when you are logged into the website and hovering over your username. It should be a .5s transition, but it is instant.

A login for my website you can use is:
Username: test
Password: Test123
(2017-05-29, 09:43 PM)fishpicklepaste Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-29, 09:04 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]You need to be more specific and post your URL.

Sorry, my website link is skyisles.com. An example of something not updating is when you are logged into the website and hovering over your username. It should be a .5s transition, but it is instant.

A login for my website you can use is:
Username: test
Password: Test123

I logged in, but don't follow what you mean by this. Transition into what ?
The background should get darker, like what happens with the Twitter logo or the navigation things.

Edit: I just refreshed it and it has updated after many hours. I tried update it by adding a line to the right of the Twitter logo and it has not updated after I refreshed the page.
Edit #2: The Twitter logo has updated after 20 minutes.
Still in need of help
Two possibilities.

1. Cache

2. Changes not saved internally

As for cache, you can clear private data in browser and check

If the changes you made are not saved internally, it will never come into effect. I guess, everything is related to cache. Either on browser or at hosting level. Do you use some service like Cloudflare ?
Every time you make website changes try clearing your cache especially with chrome, i use chrome and it's always caching the site so i have to clear it before i can see the changes