MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What does this mean? Hacked?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I opened my browser and went to my forum, bessex.com.  I saw the following at the top of the page:

Welcome back, Neterbow.  You last visited: Today, 12:20PM  Log Out ->

That user is not me. 
I had not logged in yet.  I should have been a guest at that point.

I checked that user's profile and he did not have my username, email address IP.  His IP, FWIW, is Romania.  My IP is in the U.S.

I am able to log in with my regular username and password without problems.

Any idea what this means?  How could that possibly happen?

Thanks!

I just noticed this thread directly below my first post:
https://community.mybb.com/thread-210349.html

That is exactly what I saw happen.

I also was not able to log out.  I close all browsers, and when I went back to the forum I was still logged in as that other user.

I cleared my browser's cache, and rebooted.  Eventually, and I'm not sure at what point, after several closing/opening all browsers the problem went away.

So far no other users have reported it.  First time I saw it was today.
(2017-02-28, 01:58 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Your server appears to have Varnish installed - Varnish is a caching system that caches the entire HTML output of a page and then serves the same HTML back for future requests (to save the server having ti generate it again). What is probably happening is the page you see as a guest is cached, and even after you log in, the same page gets served back to you, so it looks like you're not logged in. You'll need to get your host to disable Varnish.

Until you can address this, you can also set Send No Cache Headers to Yes under Server and Optimization Options in Configuration.
Are you using a CDN? Cloudflare, etc?
Thank you both for your replies.

I'm using TMD Hosting.  What they are doing I don't know.  I'll contact them and see what's up.

Until then I'll do the Send No Cache Headers thing.

I'm happy to know that it was not some weird hack job.

Thanks again for your replies.  Much appreciated!
It is also possible your hosting is having misconfigurations for emails, it is only issue from hosting side I believe.
grepper, were you able to resolve this yet? Still using this option?
Quote:Send No Cache Headers to Yes under Server and Optimization Options in Configuration
(2017-05-31, 01:44 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using a CDN? Cloudflare, etc?

I had this happening to me when i changed the dns by using a third party firewall ,mind pming me what actually went through because everything on my forum was visible people were logged as others so on so forth.
Your host thinks that the only sites hosted are blogs and is using varnish to cache HTML. You should get a VPS to avoid the hassel :/
(2017-06-05, 04:10 PM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]Your host thinks that the only sites hosted are blogs and is using varnish to cache HTML. You should get a VPS to avoid the hassel :/

I disagree. They need to use a host that doesn't use varnish. They exist.
(2017-05-31, 02:15 AM)grepper Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you both for your replies.

I'm using TMD Hosting.  What they are doing I don't know.  I'll contact them and see what's up.

Until then I'll do the Send No Cache Headers thing.

I'm happy to know that it was not some weird hack job.

Thanks again for your replies.  Much appreciated!

I have TMD hosting, and I had the same issue.

See this thread.

Logging in as the wrong person.

I got it resolved in this other thread here.  This post below will have my exchange with TMD.

Pages: 1 2