MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will mybb support PostgreSQL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I actually have installed mybb using PostgreSQL

MyBB 2.0 can also work with PostgreSQL?

Best Regards
If Laravel supports it, MyBB will support it. That's the theory, anyway.
Yes, Laravel supports it and there's no reason why we wouldn't continue to support it.
i dont know. but if it will support mysql, then will support mariadb for sure! Big Grin
Yes it do's
(2017-07-03, 11:20 AM)atesin Wrote: [ -> ]i dont know. but if it will support mysql, then will support mariadb for sure! Big Grin

Most MyBB installations use MySQL. Only a handful use PostgreSQL and SQLite.
Please note this also depends on plugins! Most plugins I've looked at assume MySQL.
Cause the the most plugin coders using hardcoded query strings instead of using internal query builder... still dont know why. :/

May its a idea for 2.0 to display a message if a plugin using an hardcoded query instead of query builder, then they need to define (IGNORE_QUERY_BUILDER_NOTE = 1Wink or some like this, to stay backward compatible if the hardcode query is realy needed. Otherwise i will like to see this message while coders are in dev progress. Maybe containing a link to a doc page where the query builder is discriped in a few lines.