MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vanilla -> MyBB issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in the process of moving an old (2.2) Vanilla forum to MyBB, but I've ran into some issues. The first was that the merge system expected all Vanilla tables to be in lower case only, which could be solved by either altering the original database or useing the solution provided at https://github.com/mybb/merge-system/issues/194

There are some smaller issues, but two major issues can be seen in this example thread: http://188.226.145.19/showthread.php?tid=1751

1. All posts other than the first one are by "guests"
2. Even the registered user is transfered to the "guest" group. 

The debuglog has over 150.000 lines, so it's hard for me where to look first. Can someone point me in the right direction?
this post can be of some help ..
you have to redo the merge process with the code change (delete the merged database ..) Sad
(2017-05-31, 10:28 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]this post can be of some help ..
you have to redo the merge process with the code change (delete the merged database ..) Sad

I've just noticed this typo, and was about to report back when you beat me to it Wink Thanks!
So far progressing slowly but steadily Smile I've inherited the forum, and it seems to have already been migrated once from phpbb to vanilla. Some modifications were necessary to the usergroups array in vanilla.php, but all usergroups, users, forums, threads and posts are now imported.

The next step are the private messages, but I've run into some problems. Only a proportion of the private messages get imported, and I get the following (repeated) error message during the import.

[2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - Line: 47 - File: merge/boards/vanilla/privatemessages.php 

Line 47 in privatemessages.php contains the following line: foreach($recip as $key => $id). And $recip contains the "contributors" column from the original Vanilla database:

$query = $this->old_db->query("SELECT m.*, pm.Subject, pm.Contributors AS recips
			FROM ".OLD_TABLE_PREFIX."ConversationMessage m
			LEFT JOIN ".OLD_TABLE_PREFIX."Conversation pm ON(pm.ConversationID=m.ConversationID)
			LIMIT {$this->trackers['start_privatemessages']}, {$import_session['privatemessages_per_screen']}");

Looking in the Vanilla database, it seems the "pm.Contributors" row is empty for most of the private messages (it works fine for messages with this row completed), and it seems this is not expected behavior by the merger. The messages in the Vanilla forum seems to work fine though.

As i'm unfamiliar with the Vanilla forums, I'm not sure if there is an easy way to update the "pm.contributors" column. Now I've noticed that each row contains two other columns with userIDs. Would it be a good idea to merge these the columns in the "pm.contributors" column if they are empty? Or is there an other option?