MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Admins IP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried with IP Ghost plugin and I was expecting not to see IPs anywere, but I saw my own IP was being displayed in ACP (online Admins column).

Is there a plugin or a core setting to prevent IP logging/display if user is set as Admin?
Still need this, to me hiding Admins IP is a priority and they must not appear anywhere in the db
A few things to know:

1) You shouldn't be giving users Moderation/Administration abilities if you don't trust them with your IP Address.

2) May we have a link to your website?

3) There isn't a setting or way to completely disable IP Logging. You should make sure your system is secure enough in that no unauthorized person can see the IP.
If you're really that concerned about someone finding your IP:
1) As Lunorian said, what is your site? What kind of admins do you not trust that you still give admin/mod priveliges? And what do you think these people are going to do if they do know your IP address? Which they realistically do at this point if you've already made them admins/mods and your IP wasn't hidden in the ACP that they could presumably also access.
2) Get a VPN. Regardless of if you can manage to disable logging in MyBB, your PHP installation will probably log user data and your hosting provider will also probably log usage data, all of which may or may not include IP addresses of users. A VPN ensures your real IP isn't visible to any site you connect to, only the IP of the VPN server you're connected to.
You can edit usergroups like moderator and disable the use of IP search and can do this for everygroup