MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trash Bin Plugin | SQL error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=957

I installed it in a rush getting an error because I didn't notice I didn't have PluginLibrary, so I uploaded PL few minutes later.

Now I see options to Activate or Uninstall it:

[Image: 6647fd9ab6eb4431b3b6cf6dec8da7db.png]

Unfortunately when I try to Activate I get this error:

[Image: 57d5f6ca43ef4323977d6d0d37a5bd15.png]

Same happens when I try to Uninstall:

[Image: 715aa65054aa471da6bee2dd8d548c76.png]

I don't know how to deal with it Sad
I still need help with this, what do I have to do to complete the activation?
(2017-06-01, 11:16 PM)ShadowOne Wrote: [ -> ]I still need help with this, what do I have to do to complete the activation?
You don't need to install PluginLibrary, just upload it and you're done. Maybe read the installation instructions in the README before you post here...
(2017-06-01, 11:31 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to install PluginLibrary, just upload it and you're done. Maybe read the installation instructions in the README before you post here...

Maybe you should read threads before even posting replies.

I know PL has not to be installed. The error appears when I try to Activate or Uninstall the trash bin plugin, I'm doing nothing to PL.
(2017-06-02, 08:56 AM)ShadowOne Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-01, 11:31 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to install PluginLibrary, just upload it and you're done. Maybe read the installation instructions in the README before you post here...

Maybe you should read threads before even posting replies.

I know PL has not to be installed. The error appears when I try to Activate or Uninstall the trash bin plugin, I'm doing nothing to PL.

Ahh apologies, the images in the post didn't load when I looked at it the first time and your English doesn't make it clear which plugin you're having problems with.

Looking at the code itself, the plugin author never defines PLUGINLIBRARY so PHP doesn't know what it means or where to look for it, hence the error. In inc/plugins/trashbin.php around line 18, right before
function trashbin_info()
add the following:
if(!defined("PLUGINLIBRARY"))
{
        define("PLUGINLIBRARY", MYBB_ROOT."inc/plugins/pluginlibrary.php");
}
and see if that works for you.
(2017-06-03, 01:36 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh apologies, the images in the post didn't load when I looked at it the first time and your English doesn't make it clear which plugin you're having problems with.

Looking at the code itself, the plugin author never defines PLUGINLIBRARY so PHP doesn't know what it means or where to look for it, hence the error. In inc/plugins/trashbin.php around line 18, right before
function trashbin_info()
add the following:
{
}

This is now fixed, thank you very much for your help! +repped Smile
(2017-06-03, 06:59 AM)ShadowOne Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-03, 01:36 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh apologies, the images in the post didn't load when I looked at it the first time and your English doesn't make it clear which plugin you're having problems with.

function trashbin_info()
add the following:
{
}

This is now fixed, thank you very much for your help! +repped Smile
Np! I PM'd the author too to have him fix that issue because anyone that installs the plugin will likely get the same error if they don't have another plugin that also uses PL and defines it properly.