MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Template cache not rebuilding?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I hope this is in the correct section.
Wasn't sure what to title it, so here's what's going on:

I'm having an issue with MyBB caching templates, any help is appreciated.

I recently downloaded the Thanks/Like system by Eldenroot and am trying to change the appearance of the 'Thank' button, more specifically, I am trying to move the thumbs up image from the background, to beside the text instead.

To do this, I went through the templates, and in thankyoulike_button_add template, I added an image beside the text.
I refreshed my forum, and this worked fine.

However, when trying to remove the background image from thankyoulike.css the same way, it is not reloading on my forums.

I know this is because themes are cached, however I have tried rebuilding the cache via admincp, and this did nothing.
I recalled being told by a friend when I had this issue a while back to delete the theme# folder from cache/themes and reload the page, this still had no effect.

When looking at the developer tools, the css is being loaded from /cache/themes/theme4/thankyoulike.css
However, that folder does not even exist as I've deleted it. 

Is there anything additional I have to do to reload the template/theme cache?

Additional Info: I only have one theme, it is the 'revolution' theme, it is set to default, and I have tried 'forcing' theme on users as well, still no effect.
Example: http://forums.cryogen-rsps.com/showthrea...pid=4#pid4
basically cache folder , cache/themes folder & its all sub-folders should be writable.

see required permissions for folders & files

can we have your forum url .. by any chance, is your forum running with any type of Cache system ?
http://forums.cryogen-rsps.com/showthrea...pid=4#pid4 is a link to see the thank you button.
I'm not using any caching system that I know of at least. (99% sure)

I changed all permissions for files/directories in and including cache/ to 777 and refreshed, and the changes that I had made started working.
But after making like two more changes and having it work when saving, it stopped working again.
obvious query: have you checked it with another browser ..
btw, you might be knowing about hard refreshing browser (eg. through CTRL + F5) to check style changes ..
Just tried with firefox, no change. And yes, I have been hard refreshing through developer tools.
^ can you post the style change you have done which is not reflecting & a test user account
Apologies, have been at work almost 2 days straight.

http://forums.cryogen-rsps.com/showthrea...pid=4#pid4

The first thing I tried was to add back the background image to test it.
It started working after a while (just closed the page and went to bed, so not sure how long it took), so I have once again removed the background image.
As of 11pm, there has been no change to the page despite removing it.

I have created a test acc, gave it admin for you, and PM'd you the information.

Thank you.