MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Global Announcement 404 page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I just upgraded from 1.4.13 to 1.8.12
No plugins are installed. I deleted them all manually before the upgrade.
I am  testing on a localhost and added a global announcement.

If I click on the announcement it takes me to a 404 page
the url is mysite.com//announcement-1.html

I have renamed the htaccess file to .htaccess
I have rewrite etc set.
all other site lnks work but global goes to 404 page
source on 404 page is ( in firefox )

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>mysite.com/announcement-1.html</title>

<-- snip -->
<body id="viewsource" class="highlight" style="-moz-tab-size: 4" contextmenu="actions">
<pre id="line1">
<span>404 Not Found</span>
</pre>
<menu id="actions" type="context">
<menuitem id="goToLine" label="Go to Line…" accesskey="L"></menuitem>
<menuitem id="wrapLongLines" label="Wrap Long Lines" type="checkbox"></menuitem>
<menuitem id="highlightSyntax" label="Syntax Highlighting" type="checkbox" checked="true"></menuitem>
</menu>
</body>
</html>

No matter what i change i cant get the announcement to show when you click on the file.
It just goes to 404 page.

Date is set from yesterday with never finish set.

Any ideas?
Quote:mysite.com//announcement-1.html
is // a typing mistake or you have the link with //
(2017-06-02, 12:47 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:mysite.com//announcement-1.html
is // a typing mistake or you have the link with //

Sorry i typed that incorrectly

It is correct as you can see from the source code in my first post code box. url is fine.
I am working locally so typed it to show announcement-1.html

So I created the announcement.
It displays the announcement fine on my site at the top of every forum.
When you click on the link ( title ) is goes straight to 4040 not found at /announcement-1.html address.

Any other ideas?
site.com/announcements.php?aid=1 <-- does it work ?

if above doesn't work then do you have announcements.php file at the main folder ? is it accessible ?
no i tried that as I thought it may have to do with sef url's. tried again and same - straight to 404 page

Yes the announcements.php file is in webroot.

Not sure what you mean by accessible

if i goto mysite.com/announcements.php it goes to 404 page
i changed the permissions for that file to 666 from 644 and same thing

So does that help?

Update

If I rename the announcements.php to temp.php
then goto mysite.com/temp.php
it goes back to the board ( no 404 page now ) with this up top of the forum

The announcement specified is invalid.
after renaming to temp.php , does this link work => site.com/temp.php?aid=1

looks like something is conflicting with announcements.php file (name)
do you also have wordpress installation with the same server setup ?
Yep that link worked fine.
No wordpress.
Clean install on local so nothing else besides mybb  on it
So could it be an old plugin using the announcements.php file??
Searched the database and only place anything pointing to announcements.php is the mybb-templates table

modcp_announcements_announcement_global    

<tr>
						<td class="{$trow}">{$icon}<a href="announcements.php?aid={$aid}">{$subject}</a></td>
						<td class="{$trow}" align="center"><a href="modcp.php?action=edit_announcement&amp;aid={$aid}">{$lang->edit}</a></td>
						<td class="{$trow}" align="center"><a href="modcp.php?action=delete_announcement&amp;aid={$aid}">{$lang->delete}</a></td>
					</tr>

modcp_announcements_announcement

<tr>
                        <td class="{$trow}"><div style="padding-left: {$padding}px;">{$icon}<a href="announcements.php?aid={$aid}">{$subject}</a></div></td>
                        <td class="{$trow}" align="center"><a href="modcp.php?action=edit_announcement&amp;aid={$aid}">{$lang->edit}</a></td>
                        <td class="{$trow}" align="center"><a href="modcp.php?action=delete_announcement&amp;aid={$aid}">{$lang->delete}</a></td>
                    </tr>

And another column modcp_announcements_announcement

<div class="w3-row {$trow}">
	<div class="w3-col l4 w3-padding"><div style="padding-left:{$padding}px"><a href="announcements.php?aid={$aid}">{$subject}</a></div></div>
	<div class="w3-col l4 w3-center w3-padding"><a class="w3-btn w3-small w3-round button-color" href="modcp.php?action=edit_announcement&amp;aid={$aid}"><i class="fa fa-edit" aria-hidden="true"></i>&nbsp;{$lang->edit}</a></div>
	<div class="w3-col l4 w3-center w3-padding"><a class="w3-btn w3-small w3-round button-color" href="modcp.php?action=delete_announcement&amp;aid={$aid}"><i class="fa fa-trash" aria-hidden="true"></i>&nbsp;{$lang->delete}</a></div>
</div>

using w3responsive template/theme
I was wondering if announcements.php file is blocked by your computer OS firewall / anti-virus ..
but never heard such issue for announcements.php file !
No I took this from the live site to test
All users on my site ( different browsers and devices ) that tried to click it got the same 404

Is that data in those columns in the database table suppose to be there?
As I said we may have had a plugin from 1.4.13 that is still in the database.
I uninstalled them all before the upgrade but who knows as they are all 3rd party

PS Thanks for staying with me on this!
if you have a live forum & if it is eligible for support from this community then
would you like to PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check the issue ..
Pages: 1 2