MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Password to Access Registration Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am developing a forum using MyBB, I have searched all over the forums and have not been able to find a answer, so what I am trying to achieve is when you go register for the forum, it first shows a password box where you need enter the correct password to view the page, so really what I want I guess is a password protected page but for the registration page only, how feasible would this be to do? I know a little about html and javascript, I do not know very much about php.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort!
More easy solution is to add a security question that requires the user to submit a specific text on registration.
(2017-06-02, 10:20 PM)SasoN Wrote: [ -> ]More easy solution is to add a security question that requires the user to submit a specific text on registration.

That is a great idea, and I may use it, so thank you for the awesome suggestion! I would still like to know how to do the protected page though as I may use it for other uses as well.
(2017-06-02, 10:29 PM)Ryanb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-02, 10:20 PM)SasoN Wrote: [ -> ]More easy solution is to add a security question that requires the user to submit a specific text on registration.

That is a great idea, and I may use it, so thank you for the awesome suggestion! I would still like to know how to do the protected page though as I may use it for other uses as well.

I've only ever seen this used as a requirement for sub-forums, never a login page. But, I suppose you could read up on how the sub-forum password requirement works, and build off that. If you want you can also use a Basic AuthType in your .htaccess file to require a password for that page.