MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I suggest this is considedred on the index page of mybb 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This feature is from a Xenforo Forum website, I think if mybb can add this feature, it will help bloggers migrating from Blogger and Wordpress just like me. 
However one of the problem I have with mybb is that kind of table as its not utilized in mybb 1.8, even the Plugin available is not responsive. 
https://snag.gy/XQESxw.jpg
Also, there should be "Post thread" button on the index page, I think these are some features that some other forum pocess that makes navigation of the forum easier. Mybb should also try and put this into consideration. 
I loud experts that can edit all those things easily but for beginners like me I cant.
What are you trying to show with that screenshot? It literally just looks like a picture of a forum with a different theme than MyBB's default. I have no idea what table you're talking about or what unresponsive plugin (that you didn't name or link) you're trying to use. MyBB is a discussion board platform, not a blogging platform. I don't understand why you'd be trying to use MyBB instead of Blogger or Wordpress if you're just trying to have a blogging site with comments, both of those platforms are much better suited for it.

Why should there be a post thread button on the index page? The point of the forum is to visit individual categories and post threads in those categories. Are you talking about something like Reddit's front page where everyone just posts into one big forum and just tags things?
Posts belong in a forum, so a button to create a new thread doesn't belong on the index page - how would MyBB know where it should go?

Blogging functionality should be left to plugins (either to create a new type of page or to integrate with blogging software).
Quote:Posts belong in a forum, so a button to create a new thread doesn't belong on the index page - how would MyBB know where it should go?

My thoughts exactly. They would still need to choose the forum in which they're wanting to create a new thread in. So all that would be doing is dressing it up in a way that implies it's easier to create a thread by clicking that button on the index page. Which as you already know isn't the truth.

Don't think this would even serve much of a value to boards that have a ton of forums. Since they would still need to scroll down a long list and select their choice after clicking the button.

Unless there is some kind of magic I'm ignorant about atm?