MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Importing MyBB Database: MySQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently I have a friend trying to transfer hosting services from a previous service to mine. I have downloaded their database, as well as their ftp files. I've tried numerous times to import their database through PHPmyadmin (I went through and repaired their tables through their own account as well), but have the same error message occurring. I've read/watched many tutorials but no luck. I'm not sure how to fix this (I'm not knowledgable at all when it comes to fixing mySQL syntax errors so please speak slowly and detailed to me on this subject) and it's becoming increasingly frustrating. This is the error that shows up:

[Image: bH9SNQ.jpg]

Quote:Error
SQL query:

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '?' at line 1

Everything looks correct when comparing it to other databases of mine so I'm not really sure what the cause is to this error?

If anyone can help me with this issue I would greatly appreciate it!! And thank you to those who have helped me with previous issues <3
what is the file extension of the database file you are trying to import ? what is its approx size ?
It is an sql.gz file and it is 10,644 KB
which charset you have selected when importing the database ? in general, you can try using UTF8_general_ci
These are all of my settings when importing the file. I haven't changed anything and it remains at default.

[Image: Fujwvy.jpg]

Character to set: utf-8

Partial Import: + Allow the interruption of an import in case the script detects it is close to the PHP timeout limit.

Format: SQL

Format-Specific Options:
SQL compatibility mode: NONE
+ Do not use AUTO_INCREMENT for zero values
can you upload the compressed database somewhere & PM me its link to check it
Sure thing!