MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Damaged default theme, now need new copy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded from 1.6.12  to 1.8.12
Apparently, I forgot somethings - like modifications to the original default theme.
"Revert" does not correct the problem.  Default theme is now broken.

I want to upload "default theme" as a new theme and install it.
Can that be done?
How?
The default theme is included in the install package under Upload\install\resources\mybb_theme.xml

You can import it from there.
ADMIN CP > Templates & Style > Create New Theme. then go to ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > Add Set, and then edit the settings of the new theme to use that set.
Importing the mybb_theme.xml worked - but there are no color options.  
How do I get the mybb_theme_colors.xml to work?
(2017-06-04, 02:42 PM)CloudyBright Wrote: [ -> ]Importing the mybb_theme.xml worked - but there are no color options.  
How do I get the mybb_theme_colors.xml to work?

I am not sure if there would be an easy way to import all the colors all at once. Otherwise you can add them manually to the new theme, by going to theme properties, create a key pair under manage colors, and then add the stylesheet contents and attach it to the color scheme.
Okay, thanks. I'm going the change the basic colors to my own color scheme.
It appears that I won't be needing the built-in color selection.

(2017-06-04, 04:39 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure if there would be an easy way to import all the colors all at once. Otherwise you can add them manually to the new theme, by going to theme properties, create a key pair under manage colors, and then add the stylesheet contents and attach it to the color scheme.

That was a good hint.
I followed your directions and copied the color stylesheet contents from another forum's color stylesheet, then pasted the contents into my new added color stylesheet.
I only needed the one color stylesheet.