MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Pips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed that MyBB has no way of adding custom pips to a use without having them in a user-group. One good new feature would be the ability to add these pips on a user to user basis, without the need of a usergroup, or having them to have a certain post count. If you need an example, check out phpBB. They have this feature implemented.
And what are pips?
I guess pips = stars under the nick, like [Image: star.gif]
LegosJedi Wrote:I've noticed that MyBB has no way of adding custom pips to a use without having them in a user-group. One good new feature would be the ability to add these pips on a user to user basis, without the need of a usergroup, or having them to have a certain post count. If you need an example, check out phpBB. They have this feature implemented.
What defines which pips are used for each user?
What is the advantage of this?
If the pips are not based on post count, what would they be based on?
Just change the star. The usertitles are based on the posts, and they allow you to change the number of stars a user gets when they get a certain post count. Wink
This is MyBB, not IPB O.o Toungue
No. I want a feature where you can just assign a user a pip, but just to him, and not all the users in that usergroup. A pip is a little image like the teamgroup images that are included with MyBB. Like how rh1n0 has the support team image below him.
It's possible to set the number of stars (but really the image can be anything besides a star) in the usergroup setting. You can create a new usergroup with the star settings you want, then change the one user's display group to that usergroup.
I know. I tried that, but then the usergroup wouldn't display as an admin on the Forum Team page. I thought about turning on the 'Show Group on Forum Team' setting, but then I realized that that would display the user in it's own section, instead of with the other Administrators.