MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add Global DVZ Shoutbox? (Solved)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I'm having a big headache trying to get my shoutbox set up. I have it displaying on the index page, but it won't show anywhere else.

I want my shoutbox to appear globally across every page of the forum. I've tried adding the {$dvz_shoutbox} code to the header and the footer. It does not load the shoutbox at all when the hook is placed in those locations.

I've even tried just adding {$dvz_shoutbox} to the portal page to see if it was an issue with adding it to the header or footer... and even on the portal page, I cannot get the shoutbox to load.

I know I must be missing something really obvious here, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks,
   D3
you can try using this method
That worked perfectly! Thank you so much!

Now, last question I have on the subject of DVZ Shoutbox.... it is displaying my shoutbox in military time. 18:36, for example.

How can I set the shoutbox to display 12 hour-time with AM/PM? I have my forum set to display 12-hour time (g:i A) but the shout box still displays military for some reason.

Thanks again.
DVZ Shoutbox plugin's settings has Date format setting. you can change it as required (eg. d M g:i A)
(2017-06-06, 08:42 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]DVZ Shoutbox plugin's settings has Date format setting. you can change it as required (eg. d M g:i A)

That's the problem. I can't seem to find the plugin settings. I don't see an option for settings under admin>config>plugins.
(2017-06-06, 12:46 PM)D3d Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-06, 08:42 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]DVZ Shoutbox plugin's settings has Date format setting. you can change it as required (eg. d M g:i A)

That's the problem. I can't seem to find the plugin settings. I don't see an option for settings under admin>config>plugins.
You're looking for it in a wrong place.

ACP -> Configuration -> DVZ Shoutbox (under "Plugin Settings").
I found it. Thanks again!!!