MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyCodes: Style, Div, Span & ID links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a lot of customer MyCode on my site, and I thought I'd consolidate it into a post and share with other RP sites! I find most of them very useful Smile
I find the top three - Style, Div and Span - very important for creating custom BBCode templates that prevent the need for using HTML, while maintaining an RP staple!

TITLE: Style
DESCRIPTION: MyCode style tags to contain CSS
REGULAR EXPRESSION:
\[style\](.*?)\[/style\]
REPLACEMENT:
<style type="text/css">$1</style>
CODE: [style]CSS goes here, including things such as @import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Vibur');[/style]
CREDIT: I didn't write this one, but I find it very necessary. I don't recall who wrote it, I found it on here on the MyBB community forms, I think.

TITLE: Div
DESCRIPTION: Div code for Mybb
REGULAR EXPRESSION:
\[div (.*?)="(.*?)"\](.*?)\[/div\]
REPLACEMENT:
<div $1="$2">$3</div>
CODE: [div]and[/div], [div style=]and[/div] [div class=]and[/div]
*ADVANCED TAB: - It's very important to click the ADVANCE tab and select YES for NESTABLE

TITLE: Span
DESCRIPTION: Span code for Mybb
REGULAR EXPRESSION:
\[span (.*?)="(.*?)"\](.*?)\[/span\]
REPLACEMENT:
<span $1="$2">$3</span>
CODE: [span]and[/span], [span style=]and[/span] [span class=]and[/span]
*ADVANCED TAB: - It's very important to click the ADVANCE tab and select YES for NESTABLE

TITLE: ID QUICK LINK
DESCRIPTION: Quickly link to a profile via ID
REGULAR EXPRESSION:
\[id=(.*?)\](.*?)\[/id\]
REPLACEMENT:
<a href="SITEURL/member.php?action=profile&uid=$1">$2</a>
CODE: [ID=#]Link Here[/ID]

** I use YourCode plugin, so I'm not sure if the default MyCode has the option for nesting codes.
These codes are dangerous and expose your site to security risks!

Style: you allow users to supply any CSS! This allows them to @include pages on other sites allowing hackers to obtain information about the current session and your visitors' browsers. Also, an HTML style tag should be in the header, not body.