MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recent Posts on Portal? (Solved)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks again ashley. That will make a great bandaid until/if I can find a plugin designed for this specifically.

You rock!

OK so I moved {$latestthreads} and placed it above {$announcements} in the portal template.

I then went ahead and edited the "portal_latestthreads_thread" template and changed formatting a little bit as following:

<tr>
<td class="{$altbg}">
<p style="text-align:left;">
<strong><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/{$thread['threadlink']}" title="{$thread['fullsubject']}">{$thread['subject']}</a></strong>
<span style="float:right;">
{$lang->forum} <a href="{$thread['forumlink']}">{$thread['forumname']}</a> &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
<a href="{$thread['lastpostlink']}">{$lang->latest_threads_lastpost}</a> {$lastposterlink} &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
{$lastpostdate}</span></p>
<strong>&raquo; </strong>{$lang->latest_threads_replies} {$thread['replies']}<br />
<strong>&raquo; </strong>{$lang->latest_threads_views} {$thread['views']}
</td>
</tr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It actually does not look half bad after it's all hacked together. If there is anything you see in my code that can be improved at all, let me know. I might be making some rookie mistakes that I'm missing. Big Grin

One last stupid question. Is it possible to increase the number of threads that the {$latestthreads} box shows?
(2017-06-05, 11:07 PM)D3d Wrote: [ -> ]
One last stupid question. Is it possible to increase the number of threads that the {$latestthreads} box shows?

ACP -> Configuration -> Settings -> Portal Settings -> Number of latest discussions to show
(2017-06-06, 08:14 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-05, 11:07 PM)D3d Wrote: [ -> ]

ACP -> Configuration -> Settings -> Portal Settings -> Number of latest discussions to show

ahhhh I saw that option. I assumed it was for the built in portal latest threads on the forum. Did not think that would effect the latest threads sidebar.
Pages: 1 2