MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What to do about \'s after importing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I imagine I'm not the only one this happens to but I also imagine it doesn't happen to everybody. After my import into MyBB I have a \ before every " or ' in topic titles, posts and signatures. Is there an easy way to get rid of them or am I just stuck with them?
from which forum system you have converted & what is your forum url ?
(2017-06-09, 03:48 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]from which forum system you have converted & what is your forum url ?

I converted from Simple Machines 2...

https://fordvschevy.com/
you can try SQL queries to replace / remove specific content. however it needs to be done with care.
first put forum offline, take database backup & then try SQL queries. replies here can be of some help.

see also common sql queries guidance
(2017-06-09, 04:40 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can try SQL queries to replace / remove specific content. however it needs to be done with care.
first put forum offline, take database backup & then try SQL queries. replies here can be of some help.

see also common sql queries guidance

Thank you. It does seem like this would be very tricky considering the characters - especially '

So I'd be doing something like this for thread titles:

UPDATE  [/font][/size][/color][color=#dd0000][size=small][font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]mybb_threads[/font][/size][/color][color=#007700][size=small][font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace] SET  [/font][/size][/color][color=#dd0000][size=small][font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]subject[/font][/size][/color][color=#007700][size=small][font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace] = REPLACE([/font][/size][/color][color=#dd0000][size=small][font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]subject[/font][/size][/color][color=#007700][size=small][font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace] , '\'' ''')

I'm going to guess this is not possible. Is there maybe some type of code that could be used instead of the actual character itself?
UPDATE  `mybb_threads` SET  `subject` = REPLACE(`subject` , '\\' , '\'')
above query should replace \ with '
(2017-06-09, 01:36 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
UPDATE  `mybb_threads` SET  `subject` = REPLACE(`subject` , '\\' , '\'')
above query should replace \ with '

That would actually work? What I'm looking to do is a tiny bit different. I want to replace:

Difference\'s between the two 289\'s for 1967

...with:

Difference's between the two 289's for 1967

UPDATE  [/font][/size][/color][color=#dd0000][size=small][font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]mybb_threads[/font][/size][/color][color=#007700][size=small][font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace] SET  [/font][/size][/color][color=#dd0000][size=small][font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]subject[/font][/size][/color][color=#007700][size=small][font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace] = REPLACE([/font][/size][/color][color=#dd0000][size=small][font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]subject[/font][/size][/color][color=#007700][size=small][font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace] , '\'' ''')
\ should be removed by using below Query
UPDATE  `mybb_threads` SET  `subject` = REPLACE(`subject` , '\\' , '') 
(2017-06-09, 02:26 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]\ should be removed by using below Query
UPDATE  `mybb_threads` SET  `subject` = REPLACE(`subject` , '\\' , '') 

Thank you. Just to verify, I need two \\? Why is that?
^ please see Escape character
Pages: 1 2