MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete Mybb Account/Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I believe it's the Amnesia plugin.

Downloaded that some time ago, but haven't implemented.  Nor have I found a support thread dedicated to Amnesia.  Curious about account deletion requests.  Even on this board it states - Allows users to request account anonymization or deletion to remove their personal data.

This is a sticking point for us.  Definitively support anonymization for those who wish to "unsubscribe", but not sure about deleting threads which often contain other users contributions.

We've been handling it case by case, but expect it to become more of an issue as the GDPR and similar legislation gains traction.
Thanks, nixer55. I saw that plugin referenced in a previous post but didn't put two and two together and twig that it was the plugin providing those features on these Community forums.

(2020-11-25, 04:31 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]not sure about deleting threads which often contain other users contributions.

Yes, agreed, although when I click on the link provided by Devilshakerz, included in the message on the page that loads is that "Submitted content like posts and threads will not be removed", so perhaps there's nothing to worry about.
(2020-11-25, 03:50 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]This plugin can make your forum GDPR compliant - https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1282

1.9 is about so much more than GDPR compliance and you can follow updates in the 1.9 Development thread.
Sorry, not sure who you're replying to Ben.

I just want to delete my myBB account, as the forum I ran for 12 years has now moved to another platform (not myBB).

Thanks anyway
(2020-11-25, 05:05 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-25, 04:31 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]not sure about deleting threads which often contain other users contributions.

Yes, agreed, although when I click on the link provided by Devilshakerz, included in the message on the page that loads is that "Submitted content like posts and threads will not be removed", so perhaps there's nothing to worry about.

@ op, these two are simply correct that it does not remove all threads and similar content during account removal request, which can be frustrating to the user and most of your threads, post content, etc, etc will remain even if you ask privately after discovering such for it to be removed, what happens is your user account gets shifter to user# and such content still remains as user"your formeruser #" ie: user1203 or whatever your id was and proof of such can be found all over the boards where a user has done an account removal request and their content is still to be found everywhere after just, again thoroughly frustrating to the user that made removal request as that is NOT a removal, trust me been through it and I wont get into past reasons or the explanations I was given when I pointed out that account data removal request should include data removal as per a users request, anyhoo, though there is a plugin that can do such by request called if you are looking for such to suggest usage to the admin of the mybb forum you are seeking to remove your account from and that plugin is called "delete account" https://github.com/vintagedaddyo/MyBB_Pl...te_Account, and while this plugin can shift user content to deleted users just in case you do not want to remove account content, you can then submit request for permanent content removal that the admin can then process and remove your content upon viewing request if admin opts to allow that option, best of luck!
What I think would be better is instead of having it say deleteduser-123, it should just say Deleted User and not give any kind of identifier.
Pages: 1 2