MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subdomain isn't installing for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I have had A LOT of troubles trying to figure all of this out - I've looked up on youtube how to upload all the files and everything on my FTP (Filezilla) I was successful, but now trying ot install my site through MyBB by it's subdomain isn't working. It keeps directing me to a page that states it couldn't be found. Now on a youtube video that is how they made there's install through MyBB - they simply typed in their domain with /install at the end of the url. But for some reason it isn't working.

But, I need help with this, it's working my nerves and I want to know if I'm doing it correctly.

Here is the link to the subdomain I created - the one that isn't working.

it is through byethost - vista panal
have you uploaded MyBB source files to your files server ? contents of Upload named folder
of MyBB files pack should be uploaded to htdocs / public_html folder of your files server.
(2017-06-11, 01:01 AM)labyrinth18 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so I have had A LOT of troubles trying to figure all of this out - I've looked up on youtube how to upload all the files and everything on my FTP (Filezilla) I was successful, but now trying ot install my site through MyBB by it's subdomain isn't working. It keeps directing me to a page that states it couldn't be found. Now on a youtube video that is how they made there's install through MyBB - they simply typed in their domain with /install at the end of the url. But for some reason it isn't working.

But, I need help with this, it's working my nerves and I want to know if I'm doing it correctly.

Here is the link to the subdomain I created - the one that isn't working.

http://labyrinth.is-great.net/install

it is through byethost - vista panal

There must be missing files, I also don't know what sort of software your host is using, but free hosts often have different sorts of security rules in place to block SQL usage. If you are looking for a free host that supports it check out icyboards.net

<-- snip -->