MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: private board, how to avoid other people from seeing it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

I have a question: I wanna have a forum in private and I dont want anyone of my private friends to paste the URL of any thread on a web or to put a link back to the thread from another website.

How can I do that ? Is it possible?

THank you very much for any insight you guys can give me.

Best regards,

David Scott
If you go to Admin CP --> Users & Groups --> Manage Groups --> Unregistered/Not Logged In you can change at least the "Can View Board" permission to "No" (although if you're paranoid like some other people here you can set everything to "no"). That way users must login before viewing any page of your board. If you don't want anybody to register, you can disable registrations at Admin CP --> Board Settings --> Change --> Registration & Profile Options.
Dennis: thanks a lot !! I already changed everything to no, hehe you made me laugh with the paranoid thing but in some sense maybe it's paranoid because I have to save my real customers from other people who are not customers.

That is the real purpose of doing this, so I am very thankful with your help,

I will try to put a link from another website to see if it really works and dont let strangers see the threads.

Thank you so much,

Best regards,

DDSS

DennisTT Wrote:If you go to Admin CP --> Users & Groups --> Manage Groups --> Unregistered/Not Logged In you can change at least the "Can View Board" permission to "No" (although if you're paranoid like some other people here you can set everything to "no"). That way users must login before viewing any page of your board. If you don't want anybody to register, you can disable registrations at Admin CP --> Board Settings --> Change --> Registration & Profile Options.
Dennis I have another question: I wanna give the users of my board the username and password myself, and I do not want anyone else to register without my permission, can I do that??

THanks a lot !!!!

DDSS
If you disable registration like Dennis said then people can't register themselves but you can register new users through your AdminCP.
Admin CP -> Users and Groups -> Create New User
I got it now !! I went to Board Settings -> Change -> User Registration and Profile Options

And to create new user: Users and Groups -> Create new user

Thanks a lot people and thank you gyus (the programmers) for this great software: My own Bulletin Board Wink

DDSS Wrote:Dennis I have another question: I wanna give the users of my board the username and password myself, and I do not want anyone else to register without my permission, can I do that??

THanks a lot !!!!

DDSS