MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Display the Buddy list permanently
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, so im rn working on a forum page and i want to make the Buddy list permanent on a Sidepannel 

<li><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup&modal=1', null, true); return false;">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a></li>

that is the code that i could get, its a stiled popout on a lnk. That what i want is that the same thing that is displayed in the popout is also displayed under my usual stuff i have there on my side pannel. SO is there a way to do that? Some coding or so. I have made that until now with an iframe but it looks horrible (no CSS gets displayed etc.)

And thats here is the whole code of the index:

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.no_new_posts = "{$lang->no_new_posts}";
	lang.click_mark_read = "{$lang->click_mark_read}";
// -->
</script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<div class="side" style="float: right; width: 19%">

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">

<tr>
   <td class="thead">
	   <marquee behavior="scroll" direction="left"><center><strong>NEWS - UPDATES - PATCHNOTES - LIVESTREAMS</center></marquee>
   </td>
</tr>

<tr>
   <td class="trow2">
        <center><strong>NEWS:</strong><br>
			Forum is now Online <br>
			<strong>UPDATES</strong>:<br>
			Theme Changes & Color Corrections<br>
			DoubleCraft is now <font color="#cc0099">ELITE</font><br>
			<strong>PATCHNOTES:</strong><br>
			Forum v 0.1.3.7.a<br>
			<strong>LIVESTREAMS:</strong><br>
			<a href="http://www.twitch.tv/vitocraftlp">Twitch</a>
   </td>
</tr>
</table>
	{$boardstats}
<li><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup&modal=1', null, true); return false;">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a></li>
<iframe src="http://freundegamenmc.dyndns.org:8180/forum/misc.php?action=buddypopup&modal=1, null, true" </iframe>
</div>

<div class="shoutbox" style="float: left; width: 80%;">{$dvz_shoutbox}</div>
<div class="forum" style="float: left; width: 80%;">{$forums}</div>
<br class="clear" />
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

I hope i get help soon, Thank you
Help?
Since you're no longer using the JavaScript:void(0) you would need to create a new class for the sidebox in your sidebox. Add that to your global.css along with the style you are looking to use, clear your cache in the ACP > Tools > Cache, if your style is correct and it is placed in the correct element then you should have a fully functional buddy list.
(2017-06-14, 02:48 PM)R34P3R Wrote: [ -> ]Since you're no longer using the JavaScript:void(0) you would need to create a new class for the sidebox in your sidebox. Add that to your global.css along with the style you are looking to use, clear your cache in the ACP > Tools > Cache, if your style is correct and it is placed in the correct element then you should have a fully functional buddy list.

Could you please be so kind and give me and example css? or a generall code since a am a real noob  Huh . Like i wanna use the CSS that the popup has but were do i find that and yeah Sad confused Sad
Your main issue seems to be that the URL you were using the iframe on does not exist, and therefore the code cannot display it. You need to make sure that the file exists on your server in order to use an iframe to display it. Secondly, for guest users there seem to be some issues with your site:  please see this image
(2017-06-16, 12:09 AM)R34P3R Wrote: [ -> ]Your main issue seems to be that the URL you were using the iframe on does not exist, and therefore the code cannot display it. You need to make sure that the file exists on your server in order to use an iframe to display it. Secondly, for guest users there seem to be some issues with your site:  please see this image

Yeah for the site bug: I was doing some maintenance (changing url and some server stuff) New Website
For the first thing (Your main issue seems to be that the URL you were using the iframe on does not exist) it was cause i changeng url and server. SO now it exist's again. Still i have done nothing with code cause i don't know how to do it? I want the same style like the popup just to be displayed under my "NEWS - UPDATES - PATCHNOTES - LIVESTREAMS" How can i do that? yes with code and style like u said but since im a totally big noob what depends on that could you tell me how? with good explanation for really stupid people like me? please Huh Undecided