MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No styling in newly-installed forum - admin area ok
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed a new forum.  However when I view the forum, it is just a list of un-styled words - it cannot find any theme, or css stylesheets, not even for the basic default theme styling. Styling on the admin page is absolutely fine.

Based on online advice I have ALREADY done the following to try to fix this:
1) checked the 'bburl' path in settings.php. I have done this about 20 times. The path is correct: https://www.smartalec.biz/forum
2) checked the 'bburl' setting in site details (board settings): also fine
3) checked all the permissions for themes in cache directory (all 777 recursed down directories just to make sure)

One thing I did was rename the admin directory, but I changed the 'admin_dir' setting in config.php to reflect the new name.   I also made sure the permissions in the new admin directory were correct.

When I look at the page source for the forum (https://www.smartalec.biz/forum )  I don't see any css being loaded at all, which seems very strange.

I have spent ages trying to find online help for this but the only things people suggest are the ones I've already tried.  So I'd be really happy if someone had a solution for me! Smile
login to forum admin panel, navigate to global.css style sheet through themes section.
click on advanced mode tab & save global.css style sheet without making any changes.

visit forum index & hard refresh your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5). check if the style gets fixed ..
(2017-06-13, 04:38 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]login to forum admin panel, navigate to global.css style sheet through themes section.
click on advanced mode tab & save global.css style sheet without making any changes.

visit forum index & hard refresh your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5). check if the style gets fixed ..

Thanks for this advice. Unfortunately I don't see a global.css listed or any of the theme 1 css files - just 10 color css files (eg color_black.css) which are in the theme 2 directory under cache.

I don't seem to be pulling in any of the files in the theme 1 directory and I can't work out how to 'refresh' the forum to see this. 
The only options I see are to: load a new theme, create a theme or duplicate a theme but not get it to actually see the theme that is there to start with.
Looks like there's a messed up path somewhere but I have no idea where.

Any ideas?
please click on Default (above given 2nd screen shot). that leads to its css style sheets
Hi, As I had mentioned, global.css wasn't actually listed under default - it wasn't being listed at all anywhere, so I couldn't click on it. The first screenshot showed the results of clicking on default .

However I have solved the issue, which was that in the new installation (oddly enough) the 'editor style' field was initally set to 'buttons' instead of 'myBB'
Not sure why this should be as it's obviously a mistake. 'buttons' is the first on the list so maybe it's a bug, where the value isn't set so it defaults to 0.

Either way, that was the problem and why global.css wasn't even showing up under default styling.
But thanks for your suggestions, I appreciate you taking the time to help Smile