MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Improve showthread with What to Read Next module
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think showthread can be improved by adding a "What to Read Next" or "Top Stories / Threads" module to the page.

As things stand now showthread does not link out to anything with the exception of the similar threads option in ACP.

For me there are 2 reasons to do this:

1) From an SEO point of view, threads are generally poorly linked internally, and are therefore considered unimportant relative to the homepage and forumdsiplay pages, which are better linked. In other words, MyBB threads perform poorly in search engine indices.

See this SEO guidance from Google:
https://support.google.com/webmasters/an...8752?hl=en

2) From a user point of view, there are no calls to action when the reader is on showthread. All he / she can do after reading the thread is navigate the breadcrumb and maybe click on a "Possibly related thread" if that module appears on the page. There are those 2 buttons that navigate previous and next thread, but I don't ever recall actually using that feature. There's just no visual reinforcement that makes me want to click those buttons.

[Image: untitled.png]