MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guests can post when it is not clicked in Admin.cp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This morning I went to my forum only to find numerous posts by a guest that were not permitted. Needless to say I spent a couple hours deleting and cleaning up posts. This is not the first time either so my question is If I allow guests to download three attachments are they still able to post?
I would like to configure my forum so they can't without locking up the dang thing Smile 

Forum
This could be because in your forum permissions it has guest posting enabled I had this enabled and didn't realize it until guests started spamming threads in lounge

Just go to Home » Forum Management » View Forum > permissions and go to guests and click and drag post threads and post replies in the disallowed actions

If that doesn't work try Home » User Groups » guests > Edit User Group > Forums and posts and tick off can post new threads
Thank you for reminding me Starlord. That is the issue and I am correcting it now. Thanks again