MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (Fresh install) Missing icons across the board & User CP style not being loaded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sample board: http://95.85.7.216

Test credentials:
user:user123

Nginx
PHP: 7.0.18-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
MySQLi 5.7.18

LEMP setup guide: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/t...untu-16-04
Also installed php-xml, php-mbstring, and php-gd

This is a fresh installation of MyBB 1.8.12 on a new server running 16.04.02. Anyone else experiencing this? I checked this board and verified the icons are still showing in the User CP here, so I don't think there's been a design change that I've missed.

[Image: NDbdpgT.png]

EDIT:
I've also noticed an additional issue - thread icons and the rating stars are missing as well. Again, there are no errors logged in my browser's console, no theme or template edits have taken place. This is a brand new, fresh install, with a single test post on it.

[Image: VqkMVrF.png?1]
It helps to state what changes you have been making. Looks like stylesheet changes have been made. If you have not made any changes, its a new board without content, just start afresh.
There have been 0 changes. This is a fresh install as stated in the original post. MyBB was installed, the user account was created, and the link was shared here.
What's missing has all the same ones my theme has are you talking about the icons?
(2017-06-21, 04:24 PM)Starlord Wrote: [ -> ]What's missing has all the same ones my theme has are you talking about the icons?

Yes, User CP icons are not loaded. It's not an issue with the sprite sheet being absent on a new install either as it's in place - but rather, the stylesheet responsible for the icons is not being loaded. Despite the theme settings correctly showing it should be loaded on this page.

[Image: N_Eb6XCiQdG9joFAtCnbXQ.png]

EDIT:
An additional issue relating to thread icons and the rating icons was discovered. The initial post was edited with more information.

[Image: VqkMVrF.png?1]

Additional information:
I have verified that the issue when configuring PHP and Nginx according to that install guide presents the same issue on Vultr, as well as Digital Ocean. It does not seem to be isolated to either host.
I still have not resolved this matter on my test board - so I thought I'd bump this topic.

Again, to summarize:
  • Fresh install
  • Using Default theme
  • No theme CSS edits
  • No template edits
  • No file edits
  • PHP 7
  • Clearing the forum cache does not resolve the issue.

Further information:
  • The theme cache files were all modded to 777 per the install guide
  • The corresponding css files are all located in /cache/themes/theme1/ and these are readily accessible from the browser. These can be viewed normally, but are not being loaded during the corresponding pages - see post #5 of this topic.
navigate to each stylesheet of the theme through themes section in forum admin panel
switch to advanced mode for each stylesheet and save without making any changes.

you can also try installing a new theme & switching to it
[freely available themes] | [theme installation guidance]

AND

it would be better to add cookie domain .95.85.7.216

assuming that forum admin panel login is working fine,
you can add cookie domain at Site Details page of Configuration section.

after getting a domain name you have to change board url & cookie domain
see faq: login guidance

note: after changing any field at the Site Details page,
you may have to clear your browser cookies (& cache)

if above doesn't help then further checking would be required by someone experienced.
(2017-07-03, 03:04 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]navigate to each stylesheet of the theme through themes section in forum admin panel
switch to advanced mode for each stylesheet and save without making any changes.

it would be better to add cookie domain .95.85.7.216

.m., Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately those didn't clear up my issue. I'm not wanting to install another theme presently as this issue is occurring with the MyBB default theme out of the box. I'm sure it's likely a misconfiguration at some point that I've missed.

Per your suggestion all of the stylesheets in the default theme have been edited in advanced mode and saved, breaking the inheritance from the MyBB Master style. I also set the cookie domain in the ACP per your suggestion. I purged the board's cache then tried to hit the board in a fresh Private browsing session in FF, but the issue was still present.
It looks like the "star_ratings.css" and "thread_status.css" files are missing from the forumdisplay tmeplate, which is causing the issues for the star rating sand thread status image. I've not tested the user CP yet, but I'd suspect the "usercp.css" file is misisng from the templates there.

I need to set up a new install locally and see if this issue occurs there too.

Out of interest, can you please paste the contents of your "headerinclude" template from ACP > Templates & Style > Templates (on the left) > Default Templates > Ungrouped Templates > headerinclude?
(2017-07-03, 01:10 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Out of interest, can you please paste the contents of your "headerinclude" template from ACP > Templates & Style > Templates (on the left) > Default Templates > Ungrouped Templates > headerinclude?

It seems that after setting the cookie domain as suggested by .m. that I'm now unable to keep an active ACP session. I believe this setting is stored somewhere within the .inc folder, correct? I'll have to clear that out before I can post the headerinclude.
Pages: 1 2