MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Uploader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Plugin Uploader cannot seem to import any files for some reason.
I get the error:
There was an error downloading Plugin Uploader from the MyBB Mods site. The download may not have completed successfully as the MD5 checksum failed. If this continues, try downloading directly from the Mods site and upload.
Some help would be nice.

Thanks,
Redstone
Wait you're trying to install Plugin Uploader with Plugin Uploader?? What?
Trying to "Reimport from MyBB mods site" ti get the latest version.
Also, it does not work with any plugin.
I never will understand why ppl use this plugin... but have you checked your folder permissions and created an temp directory?
Yes
I also CHMODed it to 777
Then you should just try to download the plugin in install it the old way, read the install instructions, upload the files, modify the template... its nothing special and works like a charm.
I'am not able to give any support for the plugin uploader cause i never used them.
Ok.

I just worked it out.
I needed to get the "?action=download" and the plugin was trying to do "?action=view" so if you use it, make sure you change the URL!
Thanks for your help guys.

Requesting thread lock as this topic is no longer required.
Thanks mods.
by default, MyBB plugins section's browse plugins page doesn't download & install any plugins.

Plugin Uploader is a separate plugin (at present not bundled with MyBB source files pack).
it needs to be manually downloaded & installed so that it can be used to download & install other plugins.