MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: High MySQL usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
laie_techie Wrote:
TiNyHispano Wrote:
laie_techie Wrote:I think you've misunderstood your footer statistics. It says that it took 0.7 seconds total, and 77% of those 0.7 seconds were processing SQL queries. Even the 3.6 MiB RAM usage is low enough.

Oh, I didn't understood, now yes..

But if the 3.6 MiB of RAM are low, why CPU usage is too high? :/

Server load 3 is for all processes running on the server, and not just this one thread of Apache (or IIS or whatever). I don't think many hosts complain as long as it stays below 5.
However; he's running a virtual private server so that's reasonably high for a virtual private server (especially that they usually have 1 CPU assigned).

It should be around 1-2 at busy times. I'd suggest in looking for someone to tweak your MySQL settings.
Yes, I'm in a VPS with 512MB of RAM quaranted (1GB Burstable I think), and the forum is the only website I have on it (at the moment).. the server has a quad core Xeon CPU.

By the way, someone know what this means exactly?

/usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir/ --datadir/var/lib/mysql --usermysql --pid-file/var/lib/mysql/server1.otservhispano.com.pid --skip-external-locking

Cheers, I go on vacation! Toungue
That doesn't mean anything; it's just the normal MySQL process.
You should make sure your running the latest versions of your kernel, PHP, and MySQL. Also optimize your tables every so often and change the sessions table to HEAP. I also suggestion installing eAccelerator (in addition to zend if it's not already) and APC (Advanced PHP Cache) extensions on PHP. Also ensure the MySQL Query Cache is on.

You can also ask your host for a slow query log coming from MyBB.
Last three days my hosts sql server down, said I had 225,000 hits on it. Out of my 6 forums, four had nobody one has 3 users zero posts and my busiest had 22 people and 13 posts in a 24 hour period. I never had this before the upgrade to 1.2.9 Not sure what it all means.
slickdude Wrote:Last three days my hosts sql server down, said I had 225,000 hits on it. Out of my 6 forums, four had nobody one has 3 users zero posts and my busiest had 22 people and 13 posts in a 24 hour period. I never had this before the upgrade to 1.2.9 Not sure what it all means.

Possibly that your 225,000 hits has absolutely no correlation to MyBB? Also possibly that another user on your same server if your using a shared server could have produced that
Yes and no..I actually tracked the users both to the forums via their ip's, though their usage remains a mystery. They were logged in all the time, but not sure if their being logged in would cause that.

I had been running an X7 Chats and that also slams the server too as it uses mysql, but that has been removed.

With only 22 people and 13 posts it should have easily taken the load. But the host tech support said it definitely came from my domain on the sql side so somewhere something brought the entire sql down bigtime.

With the chats and new wiki software down, I'll wait and see if it continues. Only the 6 forums and blog online right now, and in two years the blog script has never done anything. There are less sql's running now than before the 1.2.9 updates.

I do not run the forum warning system script, main tiki some of yours, the downloads and the jchat scripts and that's about it.
Can you host identify the queries that brought down the sql server?
went down sometime around 1pm or a bit earlier that day. My first instinct is that it is more a host issue, but the host keeps trying to tell me I need to buy a VPS Virtual Private Server and what do I expect for what I pay, nice after being a 7 year customer with 5 advanced paid years of hosting, just lovely. so how do I see where it went down, where would it have shown?
You'll have to ask your host, as Tikitiki said.
Pages: 1 2 3