MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: allow admin a different maximum signature character length
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

Short Version

How might I go about allowing the administrator group to have a different maximum signature length in terms of characters?

TL/DR:

Long-winded Explanation:

As an administrator, I want the ability to have a quite lengthy signature (in terms of maximum characters allowed).

My signature is nearly 1500 characters because it looks like this:

- For support, ......................................................
- For rules, ..................................................................
- For events, ..........................................................
- Our mission, .......................................................................
- If you need immediate assistance, ...................................

^ You get the idea.

But I don't want any other users or members to have a long signature for the usual obvious reasons.

How mayhaps?
Hi there and thank you for your question. I think that the only way to do this is with a custom plugin. Thoughts anyone?
If its just used once the best solution will be to make the change directly in the database.
Why not just add it to the bottom of posts manually rather than in signatures?
(2017-06-23, 05:48 AM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]If its just used once the best solution will be to make the change directly in the database.

^ This is a possibility. Do you know of any alternative options without going to the database?

(2017-06-23, 05:50 AM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just add it to the bottom of posts manually rather than in signatures?

^ I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking why I don't want to rewrite a 1,500 character signature and append it to every post? Big Grin
(2017-06-23, 06:16 AM)L Moody Wrote: [ -> ]...Do you know of any alternative options without going to the database?...

Otherwise you will need a plugin i think. Cause the signatur limit is global and not group related.
(2017-06-23, 06:20 AM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]Otherwise you will need a plugin i think. Cause the signatur limit is global and not group related.

That's good to know. Thank you.

Do you any idea what sort of database query I would need to run?

Any recommendations as to how you might go about it?

Note: I'm also going to post this as a Mod Request.

Thanks for your time. Smile