MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8 - Signature Settings by Usergroup (and more)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Based on this thread: https://community.mybb.com/thread-211349...pid1277146

I believe it is intuitive that certain usergroups should be able to have "longer" signature (allow more characters, more images, etc.)

As an administrator, I have a lengthy signature of approximately 2000 characters.

But, under the current version, I am forced to allow ALL other usergroups the same privilege.

If someone is interested in creating such a mod, I believe it would be really beneficial for forum staff.

This way, administrator and moderators would be able to have lengthy and detailed signatures.

Also, good members who have been promoted could have distinct privileges too.

Heck, if someone was feeling zany, they would also think about avatars in the same way.

Maybe long-time loyal board members deserve to have a 200x200 avatar.

Just a thought that more settings should be customizable based on usergroup.

Thanks for reading.  Cool
If you want a really simple plugin I could probably scrape something together that will let you just pick the char limit for each usergroup. Mind you it won't include anything visual that will alert users/staff of this, it will just let people in certain groups have longer signatures.
(2017-07-07, 12:30 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]If you want a really simple plugin I could probably scrape something together that will let you just pick the char limit for each usergroup. Mind you it won't include anything visual that will alert users/staff of this, it will just let people in certain groups have longer signatures.

Sounds simply awesome.
(2017-07-07, 12:30 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]If you want a really simple plugin I could probably scrape something together that will let you just pick the char limit for each usergroup. Mind you it won't include anything visual that will alert users/staff of this, it will just let people in certain groups have longer signatures.

Hi fizz

Nice to meet you

Yes, simple is good, always!

Now I should be up-front that I'm not looking for a paid plug-in and I'm not requesting that someone do the work of making on for "me" for free, either.

I just thought that such a plug-in should exist.

If you have the skills to make it a reality, I'm sure many folks would be happy.

I think it's very INTUITIVE that an administrator should be able to have different avatar limits (dimensions, file size) and different signature criteria (max characters, max images, etc).

^ These are the two most visible things anytime someone posts - avatar and signature

Cool
(2017-07-07, 12:07 PM)L Moody Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi fizz

Nice to meet you

Yes, simple is good, always!

Now I should be up-front that I'm not looking for a paid plug-in and I'm not requesting that someone do the work of making on for "me" for free, either.

I just thought that such a plug-in should exist.

If you have the skills to make it a reality, I'm sure many folks would be happy.

I think it's very INTUITIVE that an administrator should be able to have different avatar limits (dimensions, file size) and different signature criteria (max characters, max images, etc).

^ These are the two most visible things anytime someone posts - avatar and signature

Cool

Hey! Nice to meet you too. Sure thing, this will be free for sure. I'll work on it this weekend, shouldn't take too long. Just signatures though, not messing with avatars that's a whole different thing.
Awesome!  Smile