MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Threadlog -- Custom Thread Order?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently, I am using this plugin: Threadlog

I'm wondering if there is a way to add in a feature that would allow the threads to be listed in whatever order a player prefers.

For example:

My threadlog might look like this:
Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 5
Thread 6
Thread 10

Where another users threadlog with the exact same threads, might look like this:

Thread 2
Thread 1
Thread 6
Thread 10
Thread 3
Thread 5

Is there a way that this can be done?
Any ideas at all?
Bump!
The easiest way to do this would be to have alternate ORDER BY db queries, but that won't work if you want users to be able to alter specific elements of the log. So in order to answer this properly, you'll have to clarify how specific users' custom orders can be. Should users be able to specifically choose the order (2,6,1,5,8,etc or should they just be able to choose out of a few preset conditions (most recent, # replies, DESC/ASC, etc)?

If you want users to be able to list the exact order of each thread in the log then that will take a pretty significant plugin edit for sure (new setting, new field in usercp, new validation, new checks on the threadlog display to figure out how to display the log, etc..) so keep that in mind!