MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.8.*] [DEV] A Mobile-Friendly, Accelerated Mobile Pages Compliant MyBB 1.8 Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Every plugin/theme which is free is welcome Smile
AMP and PWA are SEO magnets. I don't see why people wouldn't want them if you have fixed it for MyBB.
I'd like to see how you pass AMP validation with all those js embedded in templates natively in MyBB 1.8.x.
(2019-04-04, 05:01 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see how you pass AMP validation with all those js embedded in templates natively in MyBB 1.8.x.

I have to remove all the native JavaScript in AMP pages.  I assume this removing is not acceptable for you (since the forum will look like what it was ten years ago); while, I assume you know you have to accept some kind of compromise.  My compromise solution is, I will add a mobile device detection (based on web browser User Agent string) and redirection script (redirect to mobile style/theme).  For desktop web pages, nothing is changed (not exactly 100% no change, I will add a meta link to tell Google where the corresponding AMP page is located); for mobile web pages, the native JS is removed, the function is down-graded, but it can pass AMP validation testing.  (Since the current mobile device is some kind of like the desktop ten years ago,) hope this compromise is acceptable for you all.  If anyone has any better solution/suggestion, please let me know.  I do appreciate.
(2019-04-04, 07:30 PM)rickey29 Wrote: [ -> ] I assume this removing is not acceptable for you
Actually, it is. It is highly acceptable. In fact there are plans to isolate all js from templates in MyBB. But let me tell you its a lot of work.
(2019-04-03, 07:35 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Every plugin/theme which is free is welcome Smile

(Still not decide I will make a PWA & AMP add-on for MyBB.)  Let me describe which functionalities will be provided freely and which are not (if I make this add-on), I think this is the best way I answer your question.

The following functionalities will be free:
1. A mobile device detection and redirection script (I will not change any of the desktop web pages, so I can avoid most of the trouble because of removing the native JavaScript).
2. On mobile web pages, I will remove all the native JavaScript. (Requested by AMP, no other choice.)
3. Update mobile pages HTML code to inline with AMP. (Requested by AMP, have to do it.)
4. To make/convert the style/theme/CSS compatible with AMP -- this is the tricky part -- I will provide the AMP version of default MyBB style, or the AMP version of one (only one) popular mobile-friendly MyBB responsive style, but NOT the AMP version of YOUR current style.

If you want a AMP version of your current style, I will ask for a payment for the personally conversion.

The point is, the AMP style conversion has to be done manually, there isn't any script/tool/writing procedure for it.  At UpWork, a lot of developers make living by this manually theme/style/CSS conversion for WordPress.  If you know how to make this conversion automatically, please do let me know, I will provide a online service based on your solution, and make myself rich!
I develop a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) version of Progressive Web App (PWA) and Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) plugin for MyBB 1.8: https://community.mybb.com/thread-223165.html .
Pages: 1 2