MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Urgent issue, can't access admincp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I recently installed Whisper 1.0.1 for the admincp. After installation I logged into my admincp and every page is blank.

[Image: 2fa74180f5de49e17e67008086db1b82.png]

Every page looks empty like this, meaning I can't even uninstall the plugin. How do I fix this? I've contacted Shade, the programmer who made the plugin but he has yet to respond.

I looked at the whisper.php file and found this in the whisper_uninstall function:

// Restore the previous admins' settings and use the default theme
$db->update_query('settings', array('value' => "default"), "name = 'cpstyle'");
$db->update_query('adminoptions', array('cpstyle' => "default"));

Does that mean if I run these queries I can manually reset the admincp to default? I don't know much about MySQL, but would the proper query that matches the the first update_query be:

UPDATE settingsĀ SET value = defaultĀ WHERE name = cpstyle;

And what would the second be?

I can't do anything admincp related right now so the sooner a fix the better, this is pretty urgent. Thanks.
Those queries in SQL would be (where tblprefix_ is your table prefix, "mybb_" by default):
UPDATE tblprefix_settings SET value='default' WHERE name='cpstyle'
and
UPDATE tblprefix_adminoptions SET cpstyle='default'
Would seem as though you either uploaded the theme incorrectly or have a conflicting plugin/incompatible version of MyBB. Can you link your board?

I would also say as a general rule don't PM plugin devs (or staff) about general support for their plugins, use the plugin thread or the plugin support forum.
(2017-06-27, 03:18 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Those queries in SQL would be (where tblprefix_ is your table prefix, "mybb_" by default):
UPDATE tblprefix_settings SET value='default' WHERE name='cpstyle'
and
UPDATE tblprefix_adminoptions SET cpstyle='default'
Would seem as though you either uploaded the theme incorrectly or have a conflicting plugin/incompatible version of MyBB. Can you link your board?

I would also say as a general rule don't PM plugin devs (or staff) about general support for their plugins, use the plugin thread or the plugin support forum.

My board is located here: https://cryptinex.com

Ah, thanks for the heads up. I saw someone else with the same issue and I wanted to make sure the issue was fixed, so no one else would run into it. Only reason I contacted the developer.

Should I run those queries? Or could it be damaging to the database.

Alright I ran

UPDATE mybb_settings SET value='default' WHERE name='cpstyle'
UPDATE mybb_adminoptions SET cpstyle='default'

And it let me back into the CP where I could disable the plugin. Thanks!

The bug still exists though, unfortunate that I won't be able to use the plugin.