MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot login using the right password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

One of my members cannot login to my MyBB-powered forum, even by using the right password (we tested by modifying it in the admin panel).

This bug also occurred a few times with me, on some differrent forums...

Do you know how to fix it ?

Thanks
He needs to type in the correct password Wink

If he can't remember his password then he needs to use the recover password tool
Thats not the problem..

I changed the password and told him the new one.

The password recovery tool/password change tool doesnt help, the login wouldnt work.

Its a persistant bug I had many times..
There's no bug in the password authentication. Trust me. It would have been reported before now.

What plugins do you have installed?
Passwords have to be typed exactly how they were originally put in. He might be typing a capital letter at the start when it should be a lowercase letter.
there are no capital letters at all and I'm sure he is typing the password correctly.

As installed mods I have :
- Board message
- Warning system
- Private message admin
- Rules page

As I said, its not the first time this problem occurs. Maybe its because of my custom theme (TangoBlue) ?
Your theme should not affect the way passwords are input, and there certainly aren't any bugs in the password authentication because we would have had reports before now concerning it...
DrPoodle Wrote:Your theme should not affect the way passwords are input, and there certainly aren't any bugs in the password authentication because we would have had reports before now concerning it...

Actually Drpoodle, from my knowledge. If his theme is designed for a really old mybb version; and he is using mybb 1.2.9 than this can occur.
Kind regards.
Can I have a link to your forum?
rcpalace Wrote:
DrPoodle Wrote:Your theme should not affect the way passwords are input, and there certainly aren't any bugs in the password authentication because we would have had reports before now concerning it...

Actually Drpoodle, from my knowledge. If his theme is designed for a really old mybb version; and he is using mybb 1.2.9 than this can occur.
Kind regards.

I don't see how a theme could mess up the userlogin, as the userlogin is using one code, and the theme is an xml file, displaying css, images, text sizes, and colors... Even if the theme is old, it should not be changing the input of the password field.

Dr Small
Pages: 1 2