MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mytwitter login button won't show up.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I installed mytwitter plugin to accompany myfacebook login. I uploaded it correctly using the plugin uploader however the button won't show up at all not even for admins. Is this something on my end or is there an issue with the plugin itself?
The button is added by searching for a constant pattern in the header_welcomeblock_guest template. If you are using a custom theme, or you have modified the template, the plugin might have failed to add the login button. Read the docs.
(2017-07-01, 01:46 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]The button is added by searching for a constant pattern in the header_welcomeblock_guest template. If you are using a custom theme, or you have modified the template, the plugin might have failed to add the login button. Read the docs.

Ok thanks i'll look at the docs Smile THOUGH now I am trying to uninstall and delete the plugin but get this error: MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1091 - Can't DROP 'twavatar'; check that column/key exists
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybbh4_users DROP twavatar, DROP twbio, DROP twlocation, DROP mytw_uid

@.m. and I are trying to fix this but were having a bit of trouble. Is there a script to run or query?
Thanks
You probably stopped the installation prior to its completion, or you have altered the database removing the columns the plugin adds during the installation. The simplest way to fix this is to add those columns to the mybbh4_users table and uninstall the plugin.

(2017-07-01, 04:07 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]You probably stopped the installation prior to its completion, or you have altered the database removing the columns the plugin adds during the installation. The simplest way to fix this is to add those columns to the mybbh4_users table and uninstall the plugin.
.m. and I got part of it fixed with this code
<?php

define('IN_MYBB', 1);
require "global.php";

global $db;

if(!$db->field_exists("twavatar", "users")) {
    $db->add_column("users", "twavatar", "TEXT NULL");
    echo ("Missing twavatar. Restored.");
} 
but now this error occurs. 

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1091 - Can't DROP 'twbio'; check that column/key exists
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybbh4_users DROP twavatar, DROP twbio, DROP twlocation, DROP mytw_uid

How do I add those tables? Thanks
They are columns, not tables.

<?php

define('IN_MYBB', 1);
require "global.php";

global $db;

$arr = array('twavatar', 'twbio', 'twlocation', 'mytw_uid');

foreach ($arr as $col) {

if (!$db->field_exists($col, "users")) {

$db->add_column("users", $col, "TEXT NULL");
        echo ("Missing {$col}. Restored.");

}

}

Run this, it will restore all the missing columns. Then, uninstall.
(2017-07-01, 04:49 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]They are columns, not tables.

<?php

define('IN_MYBB', 1);
require "global.php";

global $db;

$arr = array('twavatar', 'twbio', 'twlocation', 'mytw_uid');

foreach ($arr as $col) {

if (!$db->field_exists($col, "users")) {

$db->add_column("users", $col, "TEXT NULL");
        echo ("Missing {$col}. Restored.");

}

}

Run this, it will restore all the missing columns. Then, uninstall.
how do I run this? do I put code in file then put in the home directory. Then run it from there? or Is this a querey? Thanks for your help
It's the exact code you posted above. Replace it with mine, then open the page in your browser as you have already done.