MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade From 1.6.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've carried out a number of upgrades successfully on my other forums, so I do know (and follow!) the process.

However, just tried to upgrade a forum from 1.6.8 to 1.8.12 and things went wrong.

The upgrade script ran OK, and completed without any queries or hiccups.

Obviously, none of the 1.6 themes worked anymore - which I expected.

However, the default theme was missing CSS, even when I opened and re-saved global.css

And none of the "options" buttons were clickable in Admin CP - themes, templates or Users

I've now restored the 1.6.8 version as life (and the forum!) need to go on  Blush

However my question is - am I being too ambitious trying to upgrade from 1.6.8?

Have things changed so much between versions, that this upgrade just doesn't work?

Cheers
Bugs
basically after upgrading from 1.6.x version
codes in templates need updating & css stylesheets also need reverting

you can install a new theme compatible with MyBB 1.8.x and upgraded forum should work fine.
Quote:basically after upgrading from 1.6.x version 

codes in templates need updating & css stylesheets also need reverting

Thanks.m.

Do I just revert the default templates to update them?

How do I revert the css stylesheets?

Thanks
Bugs
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates.
This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed
- or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed,
it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

templates may be reverted before activating / installing the plugins.
[all plugins should be deactivated (& better uninstalled) before upgrading MyBB 1.6.x]

after upgrading MyBB version,
you can click on options button next to each stylesheet of the default theme & look for delete/revert option
Thanks .m.

I've tried to upgrade again and this time successful.

The thing I'd forgotten, which was causing most of the issues, was that I had renamed my admin folder when I set up 1.6.8

Blush

Seems to be working OK now but still testing: http://www.utd111.co.uk/forum/

Cheers
Bugs