MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need instant activation with captcha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know of a mod or something I can use with instant user activation and captcha?

I don't have access to the php mail command and just want to avoid all of the spam that I'm getting. Any help would be appreciated.
primster7 Wrote:Does anyone know of a mod or something I can use with instant user activation and captcha?

I don't have access to the php mail command and just want to avoid all of the spam that I'm getting. Any help would be appreciated.

In your admin CP in the General Config section Enable Captcha and Instant Activation.
Admin cp--->in board settings press--->change--->General Config--->CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting SET TO YES--->
Admin CP---->Board settings press---->change---->User Registration and Profile Options--->Registration Method---->set to instant activation. Save settings and done!
Kind Regards
I didn't understand the question very well, but I don't think that this is what he was looking for. Toungue
destroyer Wrote:I didn't understand the question very well, but I don't think that this isn't what he was looking for. Toungue

I understood his question. He's asking if their is a way he can enable captcha for the registration form and instant activation. I listed the tut above.
Kind Regards.
Oh, what a miss, I completely read something else. Toungue
Oddly I think when you do instant activation it still sends an email out.
That worked great thanks!
labrocca Wrote:Oddly I think when you do instant activation it still sends an email out.

It shouldn't send an email to the user. If it sends an email to the admin, then you have got some sort of modification/plugin installed.