MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM's and User CP giving 404's When a Splash Page is Added - Plus Smilies don't show.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using version number 1.8.11 (its what godaddy auto installed, idk, it won't auto update for some reason)

Ok, so, I'm making a website for this 18+ community (fetishes and such) so I need to make a redirect portal
thing with a link to the actual forum. I've got a bad 90's looking one ready to go as a placeholder, and the method I found on this forum for how to make it was just move all the forum files under a forums/ directory and make an html file in the root with a link to the forums directory. 

That all works nice and everything, but once in for some reason you can't access your user CP or the PM's, all the posts seem to have no images and are all scrambled, its really big mess tbh.

I'm using the elusive them btw, but it doesn't work even on default.

Oh yeah, and theres also been this problem with the smilies just showing up as blank.

I've kind of got a lot of people waiting to use the site at the moment, so any help would be fantastic.

If there is any way to make a splash page in some other way, all I need to do is make a box that pops up on someone's first join.

Thanks!

Well, guess I'm being ignored then. For anyone that's wondering how to make a splash page you just have to rename your html as index.html and the index.php as welcome.php. From there you link the welcome.php in your index.html. And all this is done on the root directory.

The only thing to note is that you'll have to go into your template and fix the links under Header for the home button and the logo button to go to the php instead of the html. After that you're all set.

Still need help on these emoticons guys! Please?
If you have moved the forum to another directory after already installing it, you need to update your url in the board settings.
Quote:.. guess I'm being ignored then
please wait at least 24 hours before posting such comments. Thanks.