MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme / Images not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. Am new to MyBB and these forums.

Have spent most of the day setting up a new forum and trying to make final touches.

I followed 2 good tutorials on how to set it up, and everything was working just fine.

Then I downloaded a new theme (Flatty theme) and installed that - worked just fine.
Tweaked banner image, logo, and a few things - all working fine.

Then I wanted to remove the /forum/ subfolder from the URL, so I changed it in my apache2 server config.
At first it worked fine. I made a few posts in the forum, still working fine.

Then just about 2 hours ago I went back to the forum to try and fix the mail system. (Its not sending mails at all, even though the "php mail test" script works without any errors).
In checking the mail system, the entire forum is now missing the theme and all images.
It just dumps out plain text.

You can see the forum here: www.gamersforge.com

I was thinking that when i changed the apache server config to re-route the top URL to the /forum/ subfolder (where MyBB is installed) - that it caused this issue, and when I was still using it for about an hour and didnt see any problem, it could have just been using the theme files from cache, and not actually hard-refreshing from the server.
So I am thinking this might have an issue with the rerouting from www.gamersforge.com to www.gamersforge.com/forum - but there are no errors on apache or anywhere else that i can find.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you.

Also - www.gamersforge.com/admin/ --- it works just fine and has styles etc. Normal.
Which seems odd if the site itself is completely missing styles.

When you load the page, using developer console, it triggers error 404 (file not found) for all .css files and image files.

Is it trying to request the files in www.gamersforge.com/* and not finding them because they are actually in www.gamersforge.com/forum/* maybe???

How to fix this?
I have tried resetting it to the /forum/ URL and then it works fine again.
But I want my forum to load with my top level domain without any subfolder in the URL.
How do I accomplish this?

OK! Nevermind - I figured it out.

For anyone having similar issue, make sure:

* You must set your "cookie path" in config file (or ACP config settings) to the correct path. I had mine set to '/forum/' so I removed that and set it to '/'
* You must set your forum path (in config file or ACP config settings) correctly as well.

I re-installed the server and forgot to change those in the fresh install setup.

Thanks for a great forum software!