MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Calendar Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think your Calendar in version 1.2.9 is a wonder idea for a forum. What I think it needs is the ability to set permissions for it so that you can restrict its use. The way it is set up now allows any non-register guest to post to it and set images on it possibly. The only way I can see to stop possible post abuse to the calendar is to disable it completely.

I am surprised that you didn't allow more control in the admins CP to set permissions for the calendar. I would like to see a permissions setting for your calendar. It would also be nice to allow only admin types to only post to it.
If anyone has any suggestions on how to stop unregistered guest from posting to calendar, please let me know.

Thanks
Everything is already possible.

To edit permissions: (who can post on the calendar?)

Login onto your admin cp then go to > users and groups > manage groups > edit the groups > go to Permissions: Calendar and change accordingly.
destroyer Wrote:Everything is already possible.

Login onto your admin cp then go to > users and groups > manage groups > edit the groups > go to Permissions: Calendar and change accordingly.

Thanks Destroyer for the quick response and information. For some reason I didn't see it. I thought it strange that it wasn't there.
Take Care
Cotru
destroyer Wrote:Everything is already possible.

Great powerful features Smile
I need to take another look at the calendar usage.
The Calendar in MyBB 1.4 has been totally revamped: http://www.surfionline.com/archives/2007...-calendar/
Fantastic,
you've managed to get eveything I could want and a few that I didn't even know I wanted.

Keep up the good work

Many thanks to all involved
I wanted to say that the new Calendar going to be in 1.4 version is really going to be great. I was just starting to use the Calendar feature and was going to suggest date ranges until I realized it will be done soon.
Cheers