MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, after having my forum server down for the last two days, the following message has been posted on there support section:

Quote:After further analysis to access the data on the failed disk array, our Engineers have confirmed the severity of the multiple disk failures have made it impossible for the data to be recovered.

Our Engineers have now re-enabled PHPMyAdmin. Customer data on the MySQL servers has not been affected and can be accessed via command line if necessary.

Having looked at the PHPMyadmin all of my tables appear to be intact. But before i reinstall Mybb i just want some advice of the best way of doing this so as to rescue as much of my data as possible.
The tables are intact but there are no data there?

Last time i checked, hosts are taking backup of systems, witch is not done here?
Its the PHP files that are missing. But all the database tables appear to be fine. I dont want to just install mybb as this will surely create new database tables overwriting the old ones.
You may not need to run the MyBB install scripts as the database is already set up. Try uploading the MyBB files and manually add the correct information to the inc/config.php file. It should look like this...

<?php
$config['dbtype'] = "mysql";
$config['hostname'] = "localhost";
$config['username'] = "<your mysql username>";
$config['password'] = "<your mysql password>";
$config['database'] = "<the name of your table>";
$config['table_prefix'] = "<the prefix of your MyBB tables>";
?>

You should probably rebuild your settings as well from the acp. Wink
Thanks cant remember the prefix of the tables. Is there a way to find this out from PHPMyAdmin?
the prefix is the first name of every table in the database Smile

example:
mybb_tableone = mybb_

if you are still not shure, paste the name of one of the tables here and we`l fint it for you.
By default, the prefix is "mybb_". Wink
You can also go into your FTP and open the file "inc/config.php" and find:
$config['table_prefix'] = "[b]this_is_your_prefix_[/b]";
DennisTT Wrote:You can also go into your FTP and open the file "inc/config.php" and find:
$config['table_prefix'] = "[b]this_is_your_prefix_[/b]";

Good tip considering all php files are deleted Wink (sorry for that)
Oops sorry. Shy
Pages: 1 2