MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pages being cached?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yes, that message should appear straight after clicking "check for updates".
I still think there is some caching issue.

Also, for 1-2 weeks now, I've noticed the "View Unread Posts" doesn't decrease in number right away after I read an unread thread. It used to be accurate instantly before.

Lately, I can click on a thread that was unread, then go back to that parent forum and still see it in bold (meaning it's unread).

I've seen this across multiple browsers on separate devices.

And that "check for updates" message not appearing until I click elsewhere still happens. For some reason that's one of those things that just annoys me, for not working properly.

Should I try "Rebuild all cache" from the admin console?
You can trying building the caches, but it won't be causing this issue. I'm pretty sure this is a problem with your host. Which host are you using?
TMD.

I don't know how else to follow up with them, after their response here:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-211629...pid1278461

As I noted a few posts afterwards, I disabled opcache yesterday. Don't really see a difference.

The caching issue could be why the View Unread Posts counter doesn't immediately get updated with the latest number, right?

Thanks for all of your time in this thread.
What's your site's URL?
Its a caching problem... i see iam logged in as someone without having a account.

this is your problem:
Cache-Control	"max-age=2592000"
X-Nginx-Cache-Status "MISS"

Turn off the caching in your nginx configuration.
(2017-07-10, 07:24 PM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]Its a caching problem... i see iam logged in as someone without having a account.

this is your problem:
Cache-Control	"max-age=2592000"
X-Nginx-Cache-Status "MISS"

Turn off the caching in your nginx configuration.

Thank you.

How did you view that cache status?

These are the settings I have:

(2017-07-08, 05:20 PM)nuraman00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-07, 01:47 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Ask your host whether they are using any page caching systems such as Varnish, and if so ask them to disable it if possible (or add an exception so that logged in suers won't see cached pages).

You can always point them at this thread if you need to.

This was their response.  What do you think?

Should I dis-enable Optimum Cache?

+++++++++++++

We will gladly assist you with your request.

In addition, we have checked your case and for your account currently, is enabled the Optimum Cache.

Alternatively, what we could do for you is to enable the APCU cache or if you consider upgrading your hosting plan to a higher one you will be able to take advantage of our Memcached service.

If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us again.

These are the settings I have:

[Image: MrYmPTl.png]

On Saturday morning, I disabled opcache.

According to my host's technical support, "apcu" is the only other cache setting there is.

So should I disable that too?
Inspected with firefox, just strg+shift+i ... then you can see much informations for debugging a situation, for example your headers which clearly containing caching.
First you should see if you have a setting for the webserver or ask your hoster.
(2017-07-10, 07:45 PM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]Inspected with firefox, just strg+shift+i ... then you can see much informations for debugging a situation, for example your headers which clearly containing caching.
First you should see if you have a setting for the webserver or ask your hoster.

Thanks.  I contacted my host again.

They confirmed that the only cache settings were opcache and apcu.

I tried disabling opcache on Sunday, it didn't seem to do anything.

Right now, I tried disabling apcu.

Can you see if the login is still an issue?  How easy was it for you to replicate before, to see yourself as logged in when you didn't have an account?  Did it happen repeatedly?

I tried going to the admin console, this is what I see for the cache status:

Cache-Control    
"max-age=2592000"

X-Nginx-Cache-Status    
"MISS"

I guess I should see MISS if caching is disabled?

Also, I've noticed one other issue that I discovered a few days ago.

If I go to Administrator Logs in the admin console, and click on "Prune Administrator Logs", nothing happens.

Then once I click elsewhere on the admin console, I get this error message (which I think is referring to my attempt to prune the logs):

+++++++++++++++

Sorry, but you cannot perform this action because you are not a super administrator.

To be able to perform this action, you need to add your user ID to the list of super administrators in inc/config.php.

+++++++++++++

Why is it saying that, if I'm already logged in as a "super moderator"?  "Super moderator" should be the right permissions,correct?

Is this related to the same server caching issue?
Pages: 1 2 3