MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pages being cached?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This NginxCache Controll settings are your http headers, there have nothing todo with php or with mybb... its a problem from the webserver, so contact your hoster and tell him to turn of the webserver caching.
(2017-07-11, 09:21 AM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]This NginxCache Controll settings are your http headers, there have nothing todo with php or with mybb... its a problem from the webserver, so contact your hoster and tell him to turn of the webserver caching.

This was one of the response exchanges from yesterday.

I don't know what else I can ask them, after this response.

++++++++++++++

Me:  Just to verify, there is no other web server caching, nor any other web server caching setting?

Web Host:  Hello,

Thank you for the update.

Yes, you are right.

The only available caching engines based on our Shared Hosting Environment have been mentioned above.

In case that you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Also, @broatcast, were you able to still see yourself as logged in after I disabled apcu?

(2017-07-11, 06:13 AM)nuraman00 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I've noticed one other issue that I discovered a few days ago.

If I go to Administrator Logs in the admin console, and click on "Prune Administrator Logs", nothing happens.

Then once I click elsewhere on the admin console, I get this error message (which I think is referring to my attempt to prune the logs):

+++++++++++++++

Sorry, but you cannot perform this action because you are not a super administrator.

To be able to perform this action, you need to add your user ID to the list of super administrators in inc/config.php.

+++++++++++++

Why is it saying that, if I'm already logged in as a "super moderator"?  "Super moderator" should be the right permissions,correct?

Is this related to the same server caching issue?

Is this related to the web server caching issue?
That issue is not related to caching. You need to make sure that your user ID is listed as a super administrator in the inc/config.php file, as explained here: https://community.mybb.com/thread-111486...#pid811295

I'm also not sure what else you can ask them. They are obviously doing caching at the nginx (webserver) level, otherwise those headers wouldn't be being sent (though the cache status says that it was a MISS, meaning it shouldn't be a cached page, you can't be 100% sure if the host can't even tell you that they do any caching at all).
You maybe have access to your site config for the nginx web server?
(2017-07-12, 02:36 PM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]You maybe have access to your site config for the nginx web server?

What would the file name be?

BTW, I disabled apcu a few days ago on the night of the 11th.

So far, the issue hasn't been reported again.

Can you or @Euan T see if you can encounter the issue again, or check the headers and see what you think?

Thank you.
What we told you is a problem of the Nginx webserver, apcu and your other cache modules you have disabled are PHP related caching modules. PHP is not caching anymore but your webserver still cache things, its a problem of the nginx, so i gues you have no access to the configuration. Means your hoster need to fix this misconfiguration.
(2017-07-14, 02:28 PM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]What we told you is a problem of the Nginx webserver, apcu and your other cache modules you have disabled are PHP related caching modules. PHP is not caching anymore but your webserver still cache things, its a problem of the nginx, so i gues you have no access to the configuration. Means your hoster need to fix this misconfiguration.

Yeah, I don't think I have access to the configuration.

I few months ago, I asked if I could change the time zone on the server.  They said no, since I'm on shared hosting.
2 Options, get a better hoster or even get a vps.
Another question I have is that they keep pointing me to the PHP settings. Isn't that client side caching, whereas I'm trying to ask about server side caching?

(2017-07-14, 02:46 PM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]2 Options, get a better hoster or even get a vps.

I reported to them that one of the users was reporting logging in as the wrong user again.

Finally, got a response that there is caching. I asked them to disable micro-caching.

+++++++++++++

Thank you for the update.

We would like to inform you that indeed the server you are currently hosted on utilizes the Nginx web service's micro-caching features if you wish we could disable this caching feature for your account.

Considering the information above, you can update us here if you wish to proceed with the above mentioned.

We remain 24/7 at your immediate disposal!
Finally! That's what we've been trying to ask them to do for a while now Smile
Pages: 1 2 3