MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Browsing Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When I check Plugin Updates or try to Browse Plugins in the Admin CP, I get the following error:

"There was a problem communicating with the MyBB modifications server. Please try again in a few minutes."

The following errors were encountered:
  • There was a problem communicating with the MyBB modifications server. Please try again in a few minutes.
exactly which version of MyBB you are using ? does version check work fine at admin panel ?
do you get latest MyBB news at the home page of forum admin panel ?
This happens pretty often if you have an old version of MyBB (I think around <1.8.6). As m said, what version of MyBB are you running?
i'm using newest version of mybb
Are you using a freehoster?
This line is the problem, as it's calling this function which is what is failing. My guess would be you don't have cURL enabled and something in php.ini is preventing fsockopen() from opening a connection to MyBB, thus fetch_remote_file() returns false and you get the error.
curl is enabled

curl=/opt/alt/curlssl/usr' '--enable-

this is cURL settings

Quote:cURL support
enabled
cURL Information
Features
AsynchDNS
Yes
Debug
No
GSS-Negotiate
Yes
IDN
Yes
IPv6
Yes
Largefile
Yes
NTLM
Yes
SPNEGO
No
SSL
Yes
SSPI
No
krb4
No
libz
Yes
CharConv
No
Protocols
dict, file, ftp, ftps, gopher, http, https, imap, imaps, ldap, ldaps, pop3, pop3s, rtsp, scp, sftp, smtp, smtps, telnet, tftp
Host
x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
SSL Version
OpenSSL/1.0.1e
ZLib Version
libSSH Version
libssh2/1.4.3
Either it's not enabled, your CA cert is invalid, or your host is blocking your site from using it. And to enable the extension in php.ini it should look like this
extension=php_curl.dll
. The curl wrapper relies on that dll being enabled. You're sure it's not commented out?
if i enable extension in php.ini than can it will work?
Pages: 1 2 3