MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8.12 Customfield RegExp validation on member register not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As already said in the subject:

- Define a customfield which is required, on registration with a regexp as validation
- Register new user
- RegExp validation will not be checked, only mandatory

Version: 1.8.12
I don't know what your third bullet point means, but I just tested it and the RegExp is definitely checked. What RegExp are you trying to use?
I have added a customfield, set to mandatory and used as RegExp

^$|7656119[0-9]{10}

but it does not do any kind of validation. It just checks if the field is empty or not. Any hint why it might not get checked?
So that expression should match either an empty string or exactly: "7656119"+10digits, correct? Just a guess, but perhaps the interpreter doesn't read the right side of the pipe properly because it's not within parentheses? Have you tried inputting a value that should match that expression, and if so might I ask what value(s) you've tried?

Also, checking if the field is empty or not is validation.
The regexp option is used to validate the custom profile field only after submitting the form. It is not validated using JavaScript (or in real time, as you may have intended).
This seems to be an invalid report.
(2017-07-07, 01:41 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what your third bullet point means, but I just tested it and the RegExp is definitely checked. What RegExp are you trying to use?
 I read your comment and understand that you don't understand the exact things which are mentioned in this topic. I have a simple solution of this. simply take a help of Dell Support to solve the problem. I also take a help of this site to solve out my problem. At the same time If anyone faces any problem related to Dell, they can take a help of this site also.