MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PhP mail email activation not sending
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having issues with my php mail sending activation codes for users that register on my forums 

i have referenced all the help topics including the php mail test script (which worked 100%) but when new users register on the forums ist doesntsend an email to them with the verification code...... hoping someone can help 

i have Checked this: http://docs.mybb.com/Help-Mail.html
and created the script and it sent to my email just fine with no errors however the forums will not send
checked this: https://community.mybb.com/thread-188008.html

here is the mail log:

Account Activation at Against The Odds
[Image: find.png]
[email protected]
Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 111: Connection refused
07-07-2017, 01:15 PM

[email protected]
Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 111: Connection refused
07-07-2017, 01:14 PM

[email protected]
07-07-2017, 01:06 PM

Not sure what else to do man .....

host :nfo
version: mybb 1.8.12

Mail Settings
MyBB ACP SETTING FOR MAIL:

Mail handler
The medium through which MyBB will send outgoing emails.

PHP mail  

Additional Parameters for PHP's mail()
This setting allows you to set additional parameters for the PHP mail() function. Only used when 'PHP mail' is selected as Mail Handler. More information
"Blank"

Mail Logging
This setting allows you to set how to log outgoing emails sent via the 'Send Thread to a Friend' feature. In some countries it is illegal to log all content.
 "  Log everything" 

Add message ID in mail headers
Disabling this option on some shared hosts resolves issues with emails being marked as spam.

"NO"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried to setup a smtp and i failed and the php mail used to work and now it doiesnt please help me

pm for a test account access from stafff +

my apologies as i am not active 100% of the time so i will check this post tomorrow and see what we have thankyou.....
Try to contact your host regarding the connection refused error there is nothing fixable from MyBB as there is nothing broken in MyBB.
i have contacted the host "Nuclear Fallout" this is what they told me:

........."you can't use SMTP to send automated mail. You can use sendmail/PHP Mail, however."

and the test script sent the mail to my yahoo account but the forums doesnt ...... so how is this an answer LOL did you not read what all i have done???
In your thread the problem is not cleared as per the error log i am only getting your connection is being refused to the mail host, can you try some other smtp mail providers like targethero, smtp2go, etc? and let me know if you are getting same error with other mail providers.
(2017-07-10, 04:23 AM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]In your thread the problem is not cleared as per the error log i am only getting your connection is being refused to the mail host, can you try some other smtp mail providers like targethero, smtp2go, etc? and let me know if you are getting same error with other mail providers.

Problem solved ...... the port was wrong i had it set for 25 and the port is 587 or 578 oi forget now but when i made the change the smtp sent the mail