MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Closed in AdminCP But....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running 1.8.10

My forum is closed via the setting in AdminCP/configuration but some registered users are still managing to login?

I created a test account as a registered user - and I get the correct "forum is closed" message as expected

Any ideas gang?

Cheers
Bugs
(2017-07-08, 07:52 PM)Bugs Wrote: [ -> ]Running 1.8.10

My forum is closed via the setting in AdminCP/configuration but some registered users are still managing to login?

I created a test account as a registered user - and I get the correct "forum is closed" message as expected

Any ideas gang?

Cheers
Bugs

Are those users also able to post? I think that MyBB will allow them to login since it requires that administrators can also login, so if the board status is set to closed then the login form will still be available. Those users will still be greeted with the 'board closed' message when visiting your website.

MyBB will also still create a session in the database for users that visit your site, so they will appear on the 'Users Online' list even if they can't actually see the board.
What usergroup are these users in? Do they have anything else in common that could distinguish them from those not able to login?