MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Security question not appearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After updating from 1.6.x to 1.8.x the security question no longer appears, and it is thus impossible to register. I read all the previous threads.

[attachment=39091]

I have created 3 questions. They appear in the admin menu and in the database as they should.

[attachment=39089]

[attachment=39090]

Security questions are turned on in admin settings (admin > configuration > login and registration options).

I have no plugins installed. There are no plugins in the plugin folder either.

Any ideas? I ran out of things to try.

Versions:
  • myBB: 1.8.8
  • php: 7.0.8-0ubuntu0.16.04.3
  • Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
  • sql: MariaDB 15.1 Distrib 10.0.27-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2
what is your forum url & which theme you are using ?
how MyBB version is upgraded - is it through automatic process available at web host ?
(2017-07-09, 02:32 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]what is your forum url & which theme you are using ?
how MyBB version is upgraded - is it through automatic process available at web host ?

Hi .m.

url
openpsych.net/forum

Theme
Default theme. I tried making a new theme based on the 1.8.8 default. This did not change anything.

Hosting
VPS. I didn't do the update, but presumably it was done using the usual approach.
basically codes in templates need updating. please see replies here

Edit: however, please note that latest available MyBB version is 1.8.12 AND a new version is expected within a month.

[MyBB upgrading guidance]
I installed a randomly chosen new theme compatible with 1.8.x (W3-responsive). The security question now shows up as it should. However, I get an image error instead. There is no security image, so this is puzzling.

[attachment=39092]

I thought it might be related to the "hidden CAPTCHA" function, so I disabled it. Didn't help.

Any ideas?

I prefer not to upgrade the forum frequently as this might cause further errors that would take a long time to correct.
though not sure if I can check it today,
would you like to PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check it
Login details sent.