MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error Message File Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks

Running 1.8.10

We have an intermittent problem where every now and again we get a blank screen with:

"A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again"

All my file permissions are correct - as recommended by myBB.

The server logs are showing the issue as a "suexec policy violation" 

The server admins have made some changes to try to sort this but it's still happening and they need more info.

The current thinking is that this may be a problem in myBB - so I've set error logging in Config

The problem is, the error clears before the admins can catch the forum in down state.

I'm planning on upgrading to 1.8.12 in the next 24 hrs to see if this helps.

Has anyone else had this issue and sorted it?

Cheers
Bugs
do you have access to suexec log at web host panel ? its recent entries should be checked.
if you do not have the access then contact your web host, ask to analyze the log & provide you guidance ..
(2017-07-10, 11:03 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]do you have access to suexec log at web host panel ? its recent entries should be checked.
if you do not have the access then contact your web host, ask to analyze the log & provide you guidance ..

Yes they've done that .m.

I've added what they said below. Basically the admins are saying they need more info from myBB - so I've clicked on "Yes" in error logging in AdminCP/Configuration.

Here's what the server admins said:

### 
I have done some diagnostics on this package, at present the file permissions and structure look good. There may be an issue with the code in MyBB although it is difficult to troubleshoot without seeing the site in a error state. The load on the web server is not a factor in this issue as it has remained relatively low for the last 24 hours. 

Suexec is a part of the apache webserver that allows cgi scripts run as the user in whose directory they are installed, rather than as the user 'nobody' or 'apache'. The Suexec logs keep logs of errors, although they are very basic and do not provide any major clues to the issue. We have tested the site browsing in the forums and haven't been able to replicate the error your are receiving, do you receive any errors on your browser then the site stops loading? 
###