MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My site's timing of posts running 15 mins late
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was 13-14 mins late just 2 days ago, therefore getting slower.  As we're a horseracing forum, and post timings are crucial in the sense of proofing tips for races, this is quite a serious issue!

I tried to get a version check before posting this plea for help, but kept getting this - is it a clue re the problem?

"The following errors were encountered:
There was a problem communicating with the version server. Please try again in a few minutes."

I know we're an old version, but none of us have the IT knowhow to upgrade - our old Techie retired last year.

Have looked through all the configuration and admin options, but no 'adjust time' option seems to be available.  It's not a zone or GMT/BST issue.

Would appreciate any help anyone can offer, thanks.
most probably its a server related issue. please contact your web host, ask to check & fix
Ah, thanks Lightbulb

Will do, and get back to you.
In regards to the version check not working, if you have anything less than around 1.8.6 I believe it won't work. If you have a newer version of MyBB than that you probably have cURL disabled.
Got this by way of reply (eventually) from Fasthosts - little use to me.

" I am afraid, that is no longer an issue with the web server where you website is held, that is already a scripting issue that we do not support.
Your website is built using scripts. This is the back end side of the website, of how this is made or created. When you visit a website these scripts are being executed in order to bring up the website online or what it supposed to do.
As a hosting provider, what we can only do is make sure your website is accessible on a browser or internet and make it live.
Are you the web developer?" (no I am not!)
^ hmm., can't they check if web server is providing incorrect time !

Edit: you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check it
When you say "timing of posts" do you mean that the post's creation time is displayed 15 minutes off or do you mean that the post is taking 15 minutes to post after submitting?
(2017-07-10, 04:51 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]When you say "timing of posts" do you mean that the post's creation time is displayed 15 minutes off or do you mean that the post is taking 15 minutes to post after submitting?

I would think he means the timing of the post is showing like he has posted it 15mins after he originaly did.
(2017-07-10, 08:50 PM)L-SForums Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-10, 04:51 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]When you say "timing of posts" do you mean that the post's creation time is displayed 15 minutes off or do you mean that the post is taking 15 minutes to post after submitting?

I would think he means the timing of the post is showing like he has posted it 15mins after he originaly did.

Same, but I wouldn't bother getting clarification if there was no point.
Maybe get VPS and hire someone to configure so it works properly?